Chapter 10

Kokichi's POV

 It's been a week since Shuichi and I have started dating and I couldn't be happier. Shuichi has nightmares every night and I do my best to comfort him, it's morning now though. We have school today and I honestly hated our school, the only good thing about it was seeing Shuichi.

 "Shumai~ are you ready to leave yet?" I smiled.

 "Y-Yes I'm coming," he smiled back.

 He's so cute when he smiles I can't help but feel my heart skip a beat every time. We walked out of our dorm and made our way to the school, we arrived later than usual today so the halls were already super crowded. As we were walking a kid bumped into Shuichi, knocking him back a bit.

 "Watch where you're walking emo," they scoffed.

 "S-Sorry," he mumbled.

 "Shumai are you just going to let him push you around like that?" I questioned.

 "I-I don't see the p-point in starting a fight," he sighed.

 "If those mean old bullies give you anymore problems just tell me and I'll save you alright?" I smiled.

 "Yeah, t-thank you," he blushed.

 Soon the bell rang and we went our separate ways, I already missed his presence. I sat in class bored, staring out the window for the majority of it. Maybe Shuichi would go on a date with me after school today, maybe the same diner we normally go to for our dates. I felt a faint blush appear on my face remembering the times we had spent together.

 Soon the bell rang meaning class was over, I sprang up from my seat and scurried out looking for Shuichi since we had our next class together. I was walking around and heard Shuichi talking to somebody, I peaked around the corner to see him talking to the same guy who bumped into him this morning.

 "Listen emo, I don't have time to talk. If you give me whatever money you have I'll let you be," he demanded, my hand tightened into a fist.

 "S-Sorry but, I c-can't do that," he nervously mumbled.

 "Why is that," he asked, grabbing Shuichi by the collar of his shirt.

 I can't just watch this happen anymore, I walked over to where they were and grabbed the bully's arm.

 "Let go," I ordered.

 "Why should I?" he asked.

 "K-Kokichi," Shuichi mumbled.

 "He's my boyfriend not yours so get your hands off of him," I glared.

 "What's a midget like you going to do?" he asked, letting go of Shuichi.

 "I don't know, maybe tell the entire school that you sexually harass girls so nobody will like you~" I teased.

 "Why you," he growled, picking me up by my scarf.

 "K-Kokichi!" Shuichi panicked, grabbing onto the bully's arm trying to make him let go.

 "Scram emo," he elbowed Shuichi in the face causing him to fall to the ground and cover his face.

 "Don't hit him you idiot!" I shouted, punching him in the face square on.

 "K-Kokichi don't," Shuichi stuttered, covering his bloody nose.

 "Shuichi are you okay?" I worried kneeling in front of him.

 "Y-Yeah but-" he was cut off by the bully punching me in the head as well.