Chapter 6

Kokichi's POV

 I opened my eyes slowly and felt something warm holding me, Shuichi. I look up to see Shuichi still asleep, hugging me gently. I smiled to myself and carefully reached my hand to his forehead, he was a lot cooler than he was yesterday. I noticed his expression turn from a calm relaxed one to a nervous and scared one. He started sweating slightly and moved a little, was he having a nightmare like he told me about?

 "Hey Shuichi, wake up," I whispered shaking him a little.

 Nothing happened, he continue to shuffle uncomfortably as I shook him.

 "Shuichi!" I said slightly louder.

 He woke up suddenly and jumped up, making us collide heads. He held his head in his hands and looked down, I rubbed my head.

 "Are you okay Shuichi?" I worried.

 "Y-You're alive?" he asked, shakily.

 "Of course I am stupid head! For a detective you're pretty dumb," I teased.

 "Y-Yeah, sorry," he sighed looking up slightly.

 "Anyways~ how are you feeling?"

 "I'm feeling better than yesterday, thank you," he smiled.

 Man his smile was really cute, wait, what? Come on Kokichi now is not the time to be thinking about that! Shuichi was fidgeting with his fingers as I stared at him, soon I snapped out of my thoughts and started a conversation with him.

 "Do you think you're well enough to go to school?" 

 "Probably, I should go take a shower," he said quietly, leaving to take a shower.

 I sat on the bunk and watched him enter the bathroom, locking to door behind him. I fell backwards onto the bed and shivered at the top bunk above me. The sight reminded me of the press, I quickly sat up and began changing my clothes. Even if I didn't actually die, the thought was still scary, living through it was scary. As I was lost in thought Shuichi came up and tapped my shoulders, scaring me.

 "A-Ah Shuichi! What are y-you doing?" I asked trying to gain my composure.

 "Making sure you're okay, you were just staring at the wall holding your shirt," he pointed out.

 "Oh yeah I was just thinking about stuff, you ready to go?" I asked.

 "Yeah, I'm gonna wait by the door okay?" he smiled, and sluggishly walked away.

 "Hey Shuichi, can we swap bunks?" I asked.

 "Sure, is something wrong with the bottom bunk?" he wondered.

 "No it's just the ultimate supreme leader should be on top!" I lied.

 He laughed slightly and walked to the door, I sighed in relief and finished getting dressed. After I finished we headed out and walked to the school in a peaceful silence. I don't think Shuichi remembers what happened last night but, that's alright. I'll still have the memory to cherish, wait Kokichi stop this is not the time to be fantasizing about Shuichi.

 "Hey Shuichi wait up!" a female voice called.

 We turned to see Kaede jogging towards us with Miu walking behind her.

 "Good morning Kaede," Shuichi greeted.

 "Good morning! How are you feeling?" she asked.

 "He seems fine to me," Miu sighed.