Chapter Twenty-Four

Like Luca said, it took my father and the women forty-five minutes to get their asses in the limo. One-by-one they each finally made their way in.

"Son, why didn't you wait for Alaiyah?" My dad asked, looking pissed off.

"I did wait for Alaiyah. In fact, I waited forty-five minutes for all of you, and now we're late." I said in annoyance.

"No, I mean, why didn't you wait for her to help her into the car." He looked sarcastically.

"Father, she is more than capable of walking. She's fine," My patience was now wearing extremely thin with him.

"I hope you don't have that mindset when you don't wait for her, and she gets taken. She is the Epicenter of this war!" His hand crashing down on the doorframe as he yelled, making both Alaiyah and my sisters jump.

"Way to make the girl feel welcome. Both of you stop it at once before I beat the shit out of you both!" My mom yelled.

"So Alaiyah, your mother and sister are going to be flying out tomorrow, and we will all go look at wedding gowns." My mother spoke, trying to change the subject.

"Okay, that sounds fine," Alaiyah spoke as she looked down, playing with her hands.

Anyone who was within a five-mile radius could tell how uncomfortable Alaiyah was with us. Yes, we were joking around and slept in the same bed together last night, but her lack of sleep was most likely the reason for the relaxed conversation. Today, Alaiyah was back to being very standoffish and closed off, and I could tell my mother (being the fixer that she is was) was trying to fix the tension between the two of us.

-

Alaiyah:

"So, do you have an idea about what wedding colors you would like, Alaiyah?" Rosalynn asked me in her soothing, soft voice.

"I want everything to be black, white, and gold. I also know I want the Lincoln and our fathers in white suits with black accents while groomsmen wear black suits with white." I casually told her.

"Why black and white?" Lincoln chimed in.

"I am a fan of classic and simple," I answered.

"Would you like to have the wedding in New York or Chicago?" She smiled again.

"New York," I shouted. "Chicago," Lincoln shouted at the same time.

"New York," I reiterated. "I have never been to Chicago, nor do I know my way around,"

"Chicago. You aren't safe in New York, and you signed a security contract." Lincoln said, trying to end the debate.

"Well, there is nothing in that contract that says I even have to show up to the wedding. It's new York, or I'm not going." I threatened.

Without a single thought, Lincoln leaned out of the seat and smacked me across right across the face. Everyone, including myself looked in shock, but no one said anything or did anything. Mr. Costello just clenched his jaw while the girls put their heads down and Luca alternated between looking at me and his phone.

"Mom, the wedding will be. In. Chicago." Lincoln commanded.

The rest of the ride to the airport was quite. I was absolutely fuming inside. How dare that asshole put a hand on me. Tears silently ran down my cheeks as I looked out the window... plotting.

-

As we pulled up to the tarmac, I hopped out of the car, not caring that it wasn't entirely stopped. I ran a little then as I was walking to the plan, I felt Lincoln run up next to me. Before anything could be said though, I snuck my foot out to the side, making him fall to the floor. Without giving it a single thought, I instinctively grabbed the gun that was holstered in the back of his pants, then kicked him in his groin with all my might, causing him to curl in pain.