Chapter Double-Two

Lincoln:

Alaiyah quickly put a cami on, then came and sat at the head of her bed. She reached into her nightstand drawer and pulled out a pink journal along with an obnoxiously pink feather pen. I couldn't help but stare at her.

"What?" She asked, dusting the feathers over my hand.

"Nothing." I continued looking at her.

"Okay, seriously? What?" she asked louder, dropping both the pen and her journal.

"Nothing... it's just... a feather pen. Really?" I teased.

"Live your extra life, boo," She joked, rolling her eyes.

"THREE!" I yelled out, causing her to jump.

"Damn, Piccola! You keep rolling your eyes, and they're gonna get stuck like that." I said as I laid back across her bed, propping myself up on my elbow.

"Call me that again and I'mma fight you," she said playfully, holding her fists up to her face like a boxer.

"Are you... challenging me?" I asked, raising a brow. "I am sure you know the reputation I have, Mrs. DeConte." I smiled.

The longer I am around Alaiyah, the crazier she gets.

She's really trying to square up with me.... cute... WHAT THE FUCK am I saying? I caught myself thinking.

"Look, I just thought that we could write down our demands for this marriage contract so we can be ready when that lawyer dude gets here." I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"ONE!" she yelled, writing a tally in her book.

"What?" I was confused about the comment.

Alaiyah tilted her head to the side and side-smiled. Raising a brow to mimic me, she said, "You think you're the only one who will inflict a punishment for disrespect. Try me, Costello."

"Now let's get to work." she bossed.

" So what parts of this bogus contract did you like? she emphasized 'did.'

"Honestly, the only part I wouldn't change is the part where it says you have to obey my security team." she just looked at me.

"Excuse me?" she said more of a challenge than a question.

"What?! I have seen you with a weapon, you're reckless, and you fight with your emotions. That's how you get yourself killed, Alaiyah." her eyes darkened. "Just being honest."

"That part is staying," I said, rolling onto my back.

"Fine, if that part stays, then so does the whole, 'being celibate to marriage,' clause." she winked.

"Alaiyah, I am a man...with a particular set of needs," I warned.

"It's a week, you'll live," a staring compaction began between the two of us. Who will break first?

Just then, an idea came to my mind.

"Then what, you're gonna sleep with me on the wedding night?" she didn't think that one through, I just smirked, knowing I just won.

"I just said, no sex till after the wedding. I didn't say anything about who would sleep with you after the fact." her stare narrowing in on mine.

FUCK!... I think she just won... and her eyes are kinda hypnotic... FUCK! I was losing my damn mind.

"Look, how about the only thing in the contract be that we stay married for a year. During that year, any business deals merge, and at the end of the year, once Los Demonios is taken care of, then we can all regroup. It will be then that we decide if we want to renew a contract or divorce. If we don't agree, then we just divorce." she continued looking at me.

She's actually rather smart. I won't tell her that, though.

"I can agree to that. As long as it's written in that you follow my security orders." I wasn't just going to let up on that part. I don't need to be babysitting her every move.

"Fine, as long as no sex for a year is also added." she's testing my fucking patients now.

But she never specified no sex with WHO. My mind pointed out.

"You know, you're gonna be the first who makes me fight her," I stated.

"Good. But just know, I bring cannons to a fistfight." she winked again.

"Reckless. Just reckless," I pointed out.

We continued to talk for a little longer, then I got a text from Kenton, and I told her it was time to go downstairs.

"Umm, Lincoln? Do they know your lawyer is coming at this time?" She asked before leaving.

"No. Where's the fun in them knowing." I flashed her a cheeky smile and opened the door.

"After you, Mrs.DeConte," I ushered towards the door.

"Nope! We may have just formed an alliance against them, but this was all you. You get first dibs, bucko!" She declared, pushing me out the door first.

"Kenton, what a surprise! What are you doing here at 3 in the morning?" DeConte asked as he opened the door.

"Well, Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt, but Lincoln Costello told me to get here as soon as possible, but he didn't explain why," Kenton explained, pushing his glasses towards his face.

"I see. Please come in." DeConte smiled.

"Uh, thank you, sir." Kenton rushed by DeConte with his briefcase in hand.

"Lincoln, would you care to explain why Kenton Savarez is standing in the middle of the DeConte's Foyer?" My mother asked, intrigued by what I would say.

"I would love to mother." I cleared my throat and began to explain. "See, both Alaiyah and I have agreed that this marriage contract does not benefit a marriage, only business."

"After talking about it for the last half hour, we have both agreed to have a new one drawn up. We must both agree to the terms before either one of us will sign." I explain.

"I will not allow you to make a fool out of me!" My father stood, his face Turing a pretty shade of red with anger.

"Then, we do not marry. It's as simple as that. And Alaiyah, here, can deal with Salazar by herself." I chimed. "I am happy to do this the hard way. I have been up all night anyway." I challenge through a smile.

Both my father and DeConte looked at each other for a few minutes before they both gave in. They both needed this marriage to work.

"Fine, follow me." DeConte pointed as he walked into his office.

*Vote! Comment! Follow!*