five : 1 dead

Corbin plays in the car as we drive into the parking lot at the beach

          Corbin plays in the car as we drive into the parking lot at the beach. Oliver says this one has a cove and he wanted to show me something. I don't know what to think about him anymore, it's like every time I make my mind up, he comes in and confuses me. Sabrina turns off the car, grabbing her large brown purse from in front of me, "You guys ready?" She says excitedly, opening her car door. I sigh, looking over at Oliver nodding his head before hopping out of the backseat.

The beach is the same one that meets her house, this entrance however has a large welcome sign pointing you in the way of the water. The bathrooms off to the side looked old, the bricks cracking with liquid staining the ground beneath the door. I tuck my hands into my hoodie, the wind forming goosebumps on my legs. Today I wanted to keep it casual, I wore a bikini under my grey fitted hoodie and jean shorts with flip flops. I'm so glad I finally remembered my fucking flip flops. We walk down to where Oliver excitedly starts taking his shirt off to reveal his lean tones six-pack and tight arms, which looked like he worked out often.

I draw my mouth closed, feeling myself getting warm. "I'll stay here." I pick up his shirt off the sand, watching Sabrina set her purse down beside me.

"You sure?" She rummages, taking her sunglasses and flip flops off before putting them in.

"Yeah it's fine," I hold up a book in my hand, "I have homework anyway." Oliver comes rushing back right before getting deeper into the water and hands me his phone.

"Hold on to this please." He winks before turning around and running back. A smile creeps onto my face before washing away at the sight of Sabrina all over him. Touching his face, rubbing her fingers on his forearm.

I open my book, burrowing my head into it. Fifty Shades of Grey. I've read it before but this time I was actually going to admire the details, the sultry descriptions of passion and lust. I tuck my toes into the sand, peeking in between paragraphs to see if Oliver is peeling off any more clothes yet.

A loud ringtone shakes me out of my concentration as I look down to see his phone ringing in my lap. Someone named Tristan is calling him, "Oliver! I yell, "Your phone!"

"Can you answer it?" He shouts as I slide my thumb, answering the phone.

"Hi, I'm Oliver's Sister in Law." A panicked voice is over the phone I can hear his breath trembling as he releases his words.

"Tristan, nice to meet you. Tell him I need him to fly back as soon as possible something happened."

"Oh God, okay." I rush to Oliver, pushing through him and Sabrina, "Something happened, it's Tristan."

Oliver wipes a smile off his face before snatching the phone out of my hand and walking back to the rock I was sitting at. Tears begin to weld up in his eyes as he looks back at me. I can feel his energy changing to a radiating sadness. "I gotta go back to Massachusetts." He says before sniffling and hanging the phone up.