fifteen : now we run

We rush into the living room, halted by Cedric covered already in blood that had clearly not been his

We rush into the living room, halted by Cedric covered already in blood that had clearly not been his. He approaches me with a gun in his hand, eyes viciously tearing through my skin. I watched his chest rise and fall with rage. "I want what the fuck you owe me." He spits, furring his eyebrows. "My crew told me you rolled up in here with a new man." He shakes his head, "I don't give a fuck. Your little man's not about to stop me from getting what I came for." His teeth grit together as he cocks it back and I step away, raising my hands up slightly.

"Okay.. just relax. I have it for you." I reach into my pocket feeling around and playing with the air in between my fingers, knowing I left it in a safe place.

He snickers, waving the gun in the air at me. "I'm not gonna play with you anymore bitch!" Oliver rushes him, forcing himself behind him and puts him in a headlock. His gun thuds to the floor as I plunge for it. He takes him down while he struggles and kicks his legs for his throat to open back up. My hands sweat as I hold onto the gun, not realizing how heavy they really were.

Cedric manages to break free from Oliver's grasp, kicking him before going after me. His body is thrown towards me, lunging to snatch the gun out of my hands but instead knocks it away. He raises his fist to punch me in the face, landing two blows before I'm able to fight him off of me. Oliver grabs him, pulling him back as he starts throwing punches at Oliver. Cedric sighs, after separating himself and pulling his pants up.  "I'm tired of these fucking games." He suddenly grabs a knife out of his back pocket and flicks it open.

A gasp escapes my lips as I realize I am left with no other choice. I fumble to grab the gun before he gets too close to Oliver, feeling my breath coming out my lips faster. I close my eyes before I pull the trigger twice and blood splatters onto my face. My breath leaves my lungs and I can feel myself hyperventilating as the blood pours onto the carpet. "They're.. gonna come for you bitch." Blood sputters out of his mouth before his breath leaves his body for the final time. Cedric laid there dead and it wasn't long until the neighbors were going to come knocking.

Oliver in a panic raises his hands to his head before coming to me and forcibly placing his hands on my shoulder. "Get the stuff out of the bedroom now, we have to go." He grabs the gun out of my hand and holds it in his.

I try to slow down my breathing as I look at him, shaking my head. "Wh-what?"

"Go!" He screams, rushing to grab bags out of my closet and stuffing them with my belongings that he spent so much time trying to rearrange.

I listen, tripping to get everything and line it up at the door. My body shakes harder every time I lay my eyes on Cedric. It made me wonder if this was going to make Oliver regret coming with me. I told him wherever I went trouble usually tends to follow. He zips up my jacket before his before we pull everything we could fit into my bags out of the apartment and into the elevator. I noticed my neighbors had their doors open, peeking out to know what the commotion was.