ten : drinks on me

I excuse myself from the booth and storm to the bathroom, suddenly feeling the effects of molly kicking in

I excuse myself from the booth and storm to the bathroom, suddenly feeling the effects of molly kicking in. Why the fuck did I decide to take it?

I lean against the sink, feeling my body begin to burn. Knocking on the door makes me jump. "One second!" I yell over the music in the background.

"It's Oliver." I open the door letting him in and locking it behind him. "Are you okay? Why'd you leave like that?"

"I got hot." Trying to be evasive.

"So .... when were you gonna tell me Sabrina stabbed you because you slept with her ex?"

I sigh, realizing I left him with his drunk big mouth brother. Of course Tristan told. "Yeah, I was gonna tell you but it seems like Sabrina's changed though. I didn't want to bring that her back up. And the ex part, I didn't want you to think this is like a pattern of mine or something. I didn't want you to know me like that either." I clench my jaw tightly becoming impatient.

"No, I know that I was .. I don't know, drawn to you. I'm glad you at least told me." He comes closer, raising his hand to hold my face. Suddenly his touch sends shivers through my body. "As for Sabrina there's so much to her that she keeps to herself. I don't know how I feel about knowing she lunged at you with a knife though."

"I forgot what molly felt like." I say, ignoring everything he said hoping to erase Sabrina from the conversation. A sigh releases from his lips.

"See this is why you shouldn't do shit like that Wren, I don't think your body... agrees with it."

"No, yeah, that's something I already figured out." I pause, leaning my back against the sink. "I really don't know what else to tell you. I'm fucked up!" I throw my hands up. "It's either I'm ruining a relationship or I'm being tormented by some crazy ass person. I'm just fucking up. When can I ever just be?"

"No I'm not attacking you. I don't want you to feel like that."

"It just seems like no matter what I always end up disappointing someone. In the beginning, it was my family but it feels like ever since the party, I'm trying so hard not to disappoint you." My hands shoot to my head, letting all of my feelings out. "I don't know if this is what we should be doing Oliver. The whole couple act, bringing me weed, acting all affectionate and romantic I don't this this is gonna work."

His body flinches as my words shoot out my mouth. Suddenly I start to regret telling him all of this. "So you don't want to be with me?"

"I need some time to think about it."

He raises his hands up, surrendering. "Take all the time you need." He exits the bathroom leaving me to be suffocated in the room with my own thoughts. I need to do what's right. For the first time in my life I need to account for my actions.

Tears weld up in my eyes as I hear him depart slowly away from the door. I need to do what's right.

 I need to do what's right