nineteen : you don't know who you're dealing with, do you?

I sit with Tristan at the stool contemplating

I sit with Tristan at the stool contemplating. "What?"

He laughs, "No? Maybe it's just me then." Tristan then grab another cigarette from out of the box.

The words pass over me again before sobriety begins to filter into my system. "Wait... I thought.."

He paused letting a cigarette take his breath away before turning his head slightly to the side. "Did I say something wrong?" He shakes his blonde hair, it drooping into his eyes. They stare at me and I know he has so many questions. Wonders and curiosities. Subdued by a mysterious sea of blue ice.

I shake my head before letting go of the stands of myself connected to that memory. "No... it's fine." I begin to grab one of the cigarettes out of the pack on his lap, hands shaking as I light it.

"No, I definitely said something wrong, what is it? Your whole attitude changed." Tristan sits up a bit and faces me, shoulders squaring mine.

I pause before letting the words finally go, "Why is that so specific like .. what is it you're hiding?"

"That's not for me to tell." He smirks lightly before going back to focusing on the skyline. I let his words enter my mind before my body spits them out along with all the alcohol I had been drinking. Before I know it I'm on the ground and Tristan shoots up to grab my hair while I choke on my own vomit. Fun. I stop for a moment and catch my breath, pulling myself up off the ground. Tristan reached over with a towel that was sitting on the bar to wipe my face. "God what is wrong with you." He says with a disgusted look on his face. "I wonder what other shit Oliver has to clean up." He paused before realizing what he said. "I was making a joke, maybe I shouldn't make jokes right now, sorry." I smile lightly before going to lean back on the railing with my depleted body. Tristan grabs a water hose and sprays off the deck while I get lost in the lights. It was like I was watching part of the world fall into the darkness in front of me. Maybe I'm the darkness this time. What is happening to my mind right now? I pause shooting a breath out of my chest before Tristan approaches me again. 

"So what's next?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "You and him definitely talked about it. You can't pretend to be Sabrina forever." He turns to lean his back against the rails, turning to square my body.

"Honestly, he probably has a plan but I don't know right now. I mean yeah, you can't pretend to be her for long, that's obvious, but until we're safe—you included—we have to plan smart and that's definitely what Oliver is doing right now. You don't know him like you think you do." Three gunshots in the distance caught our attention and Tristans hands start to pat himself down in a panic.

I stand slightly closer to him," What was that?"

He shakes his head gently before placing his index finger to his lips, other hand clutching a glock .19. "Shhh." Tristan starts inching towards the door while we begin to hear approaching footsteps and more gunshots. He shoos at me to start heading down the patio but something tells me to wait for Oliver.