ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ

A/n: If any of you guys were wondering, we're wearing the male uniform but with a skirt instead of pants. I don't like skirts but it's the sacrifice I'm willing to make to ensure we don't wear that banana dress. I posted this 15 minutes later than I said but I was caught up writing a scenario for this book 😳

Date Published: April 23, 2020

***

"Y/n," you hear Tamaki yell from across the club room, "Come to Daddy!"

"I have to go see what Tamaki-senpai wants so I have to leave you for a little. I promise I'll make it up to you and we could spend more time together when I get back, okay," you smiled at the male student you were hosting.

You held out your pinky to him as he blushed, causing you to let out a small laugh. After interlocking pinkies, you quickly let go and ran over to Tamaki. Surprisingly, he wasn't surrounded by girls but instead the rest of the club members. All of the girls and guys were still in here so why would he call you away from them? You were going to sit next to the Tamaki but the twins quickly pulled you between them, both of them putting their arms around your shoulder. You sent both of them a small smile, which they returned, before turning back to look at Tamaki.

"Men, my darling daughter," he dramatically stated, "We have run out of commoners coffee? Can you believe this? This travesty, the worst of all possible worlds and outcomes."

You let out a large sigh, expecting something more serious. Maybe you were at fault for suspecting anything other than a simple problem, it was Tamaki after all. Along with the twins, he was your best friend so you should've known better.

"I can go buy some if you want," you spoke up.

"Look at how lovely my daughter is," he somehow managed to grab you from the twins and sat you next to him, wrapping his arms around you and rubbing your cheeks together. "My precious baby can't go alone though."

"I suppose I can go as well. I have no clients right now and this idiot might blow our funds if left alone," Kyoya pushed up his glasses.

Tamaki eagerly nodded his head and shoved you towards Kyoya, who had no intention of catching you. Luckily, Mori's quick reflexes stopped you from falling. You shot Mori a look saying thank you, him returning a small nod.

"Who skipped a grade and tricked you? This idiot," you childishly stuck out your tongue at him.

Kyoya simply scoffed and started walking towards the doors, "You still agreed that you were an idiot."

Your cheeks slightly redded from realization, "Whatever. Hey, wait! Wait for me!"

You could hear the rest of the club laughing as you tried to catch up to Kyoya's long strides. Even if he didn't stop walking, you could tell that he slowed down.

***

"Kyoya-senpai? Can we get some chips too," you begged the male as you held up two bags of yours and Haruhi's favorite chips.

"No. I also recall telling you to just call me Kyoya," he walked past you.

You couldn't believe that he denied your snack request. Well actually, you could since it was him. Any time he caught you looking at other stores or items, he would instantly remind you that you were tasked with getting the instant coffee and only the instant coffee.

"Dropping the formalities? We really are friends," you slyly smiled and walked next to him, "And you thought we would be nothing more than club members!"

He ignored you and continued walking down the aisle, stopping at what seemed to be a whole shelf full of instant coffee. Even though he didn't answer, you knew you guys were definitely friends. Smiling at the thought, you looked at his serious face. He seemed to be stuck in a trace, maybe thinking of how many you guys will need. For some reason, the girls at Ouran are addicted to instant coffee. Anytime Haruhi had a client, they would always ask her to make it for them.

Quickly snapping out of his trance, he pulled grabbed four containers of instant coffee and handed you two of them. You puffed out your cheeks as you hugged them close to you with one hand, leaving your other hand open to try and sneak snacks in the check-out line.

"Shouldn't we get mo-," you were cut off as Kyoya grabbed your right hand with his left, "What are you doing?"

"Shut up," he replied and started dragging you towards the check-out lines, "I'm ensuring you don't wander off and try to waste the club budget on snacks."

You slightly huffed but allowed yourself to be dragged along by him, already used to Tamaki. Maybe it was something about you that screamed 'I can't walk on my own' that caused everyone but Mori to drag you along? Who knows? You were convinced that both you and Haruhi had a sign on your back at this point. You chuckled at the thought and readjusted the coffee containers in your arms so they wouldn't fall with how quickly he's dragging you.

"Will this be it for you guys," the old lady at the check-out counter asked as soon as you arrived.

You nodded as both you and Kyoya placed your items next to her.

"You guys are such a cute couple," she smiled and gushed at you two, "I shouldn't be doing this but I'll give you guys a small discount, okay? You two should have money saved for your future dates!"

You practically choked on air at her statement and realized that Kyoya was still gripping onto your hand. You jerked your hand away and flailed your arms in front of you, shaking your head frantically. You and Kyoya? A couple? It was practically more likely that you would marry your favorite anime character than for you two to be together. Even so, that didn't stop the small blush creeping up onto your cheeks

"We aren't-"

"Thank you Miss," Kyoya sent her his host smile, effectively shutting you up.

***

"What was that," you practically yelled once you were outside the convenience store.

He didn't deny that you were dating? Even if you guys weren't even dating? He seemed happy to agree and even silenced you from telling the truth. You quickly calmed down, no longer feeling the heat on your cheeks. He was silent for a while, calmly walking as if he did nothing wrong. He didn't even slow down to walk at your pace, instead forcing you to slightly jog in order to catch up to him.

"She gave us a 15% discount, thus saving us nearly a thousand yen. Denying her claim would've cost us."

You gaped at him. Of course, he wouldn't deny her because of the discount. You were simply overthinking things. You felt slightly relieved, but why was your heart beating at the thought?