| chap·ter 005|

/taerosé/

/not only was he the liar, so was she../

2 years ago...

"Did you guys fight again?" The woman with black hair asked Taehyung. "Yes." He simply replied, gripping his hair. "Just break up with her," she whispered into his ear. The woman then started pecking his neck. "Irene.." Taehyung quietly said. "Taehyung, what's the harm in breaking up?" Irene asked him. "It's just that," Taehyung looked at Irene, "I love her." Irene stood up and grabbed a cup of wine. "If you love her you wouldn't be having multiple affairs," she coldly said.

•••

"Chae, baby," Jennie rushed over at Chaeyoung. "What happened?" Jennie asked. "H-he," Chaeyoung tried to speak but she couldn't. Tears just fell down her cheek rapidly. "Shh, calm down Chae, I'm hear for you, just tell me when you're ready to speak," Jennie hugged Chaeyoung.

It was around 10 minutes and Chaeyoung felt better. "Jennie-unnie," Chaeyoung quietly called her name. "Hm?"

"Taehyung was showering and I was cooking. He left his phone in the living room but I didn't pay much attention to it. His phone started ringing and he was getting spammed by so many text messages. So I decided to take a look or at least answer a phone call but he came running into the living room. He then asked me what was I doing with his phone, so I tried to explain but then he started yelling at me." Chaeyoung started to shut a few tears. "Then I shouted back at him asking why was he yelling at me, it's not like he's hiding something or cheating. And that's when he stood silent. I kept asking him if he cheating on me or if he was hiding something from me. But instead of answering me, he left." Chaeyoung told Jennie.

***

It was already a month. Chaeyoung kept crying herself to sleep, texting Taehyung over and over again hoping he'll respond. While Taehyung was busy drinking and having multiple affairs.

Taehyung would go knock on Chaeyoung's door apologizing. Each time he apologized, he got another chance. He tried to change but it was hard. He would get mad at Chaeyoung for the stupidest reasons, then go make out with his side chick.

Unlike Chaeyoung, Jennie, Yoongi, and her brother tried to make her feel better. They kept telling her, "Breakup with him." But it wasn't easy for her. She loved him with all her heart. That's why she kept accepting him back into her life.

Did she ever lie? She did. Each time Taehyung said, "I'm sorry," she would say it's fine, but deep down, it truly broke her. Lying to herself, saying Taehyung will change. Did he change? No. Was she tired of lying? Yes. She knew everything Taehyung did behind her back. Why didn't she breakup with him? She was afraid.

***
•••

"Chaeyoung-ah, be ready I'll pick you up at seven," Taehyung told her through the phone. "See you," Chaeyoung smiled widely. It was their two year anniversary, despite being on and off.

Chaeyoung looked at the time, it was currently three in the afternoon. "It wouldn't hurt to start getting ready," she ran up to her closet to look for an outfit to wear.

Dates Taehyung and Chaeyoung had gone to, none. He would usually cancel them and make up an excuse. What did he really do? He would either go to hangout with friends or his side-dish, Irene.

•••

"Tae!" She yelled, waving hello to him. "Chaeyoung you look beautiful," he pecked her cheek. "Where are we going?" She asked. "It's a surprise," he winked at her. Taehyung opened the door to his car for her. "Thank you," Chaeyoung said sliding inside the car's seat.

Taehyung started driving, it looked outside Seoul. Chaeyoung was amazed by the view. She has never seen anything more beautiful than nature doing it's own thing.

"We're here," Taehyung announced. Chaeyoung opened the car's door then closed it. "Where are we?" Chaeyoung asked. "We're still in Seoul," Taehyung chuckled. "It's that resturant right there," Taehyung pointed at a white walled restaurant with a peach aesthetic.

___

"Taehyung this is beautiful," Chaeyoung said staring outside at the sunset. Taehyung chuckled at Chaeyoung's statement. "I knew you'd like it," Taehyung smiled.

For the rest of the time they were in the restaurant they talked, laugh, and ate. "Times like these are times I wish could never end," Chaeyoung said. "Yeah me too," Taehyung chuckled. His phone started ringing. An uneasy nerve struck Chaeyoung. "Let me answer this," Taehyung said stepping out of the restaurant. "And I thought you changed," Chaeyoung muttered.

She waited around twenty minutes alone, inside the restaurant waiting for her lover to come back inside. "Chaeyoung, I must go," Taehyung told her. She looked up and saw his "innocent" face. "I understand," she 'smiled'. "Come on, I'll drop you off," Taehyung said.

The entire car ride stood silent. Chaeyoung didn't really want to talk. "Times like these are times I wish could never end," she kept hearing herself say that.

"Hey Chae is everything okay?" Taehyung asked glancing over at her. "Yeah, just a bit tired," Chaeyoung smiled. "I wish our date could've lasted longer," Taehyung said. "Yeah, me too," Chaeyoung said quietly, resting her head on the window. "You don't look fine," Taehyung said again. "No really, I'm okay," Chaeyoung sighed.

•••

"Thank you for dropping me off," Chaeyoung smiled. "You know it's nothing," he chuckled. "I wish we didn't have to end our date too early, but I understand how your parents are," Chaeyoung pouted.

"Ah, yeah," he rubbed his nape. "I'll see you tomorrow in class?" He asked. "Of course," she pecked his cheek, waving goodbye. Chaeyoung closed the door to her apartment, smiling. "Ahh, his car keys," Chaeyoung said re-opening her apartment's door.

"Tae! Wait! You forgot your-" Chaeyoung stopped running when she saw him kissing someone else. "Taehyung?" Tears rapidly rushed down her cheek. "Chaeyoung!" Chaeyoung started running back to her apartment, sobbing. "Why? Why Taehyung?" She cried out loudly.

__________

a/n: hey guys it's currently 12:29am and i said why not update so if this comes out bad just tell me im like half asleep. also remember to stay safe and wash your hands!!!!! and im sorry for any typos!! (i also chose im so sick by apink specifically for chae, the song is amazing anyways!!) i hope this chapter explain a bit more about taerose and if you can guess, yes that is the part they finally break up;

taehyung was in his last year of college and chaeyoung was in her second year of college when they finally broke up. #teamrosekook