↳ Episode Two

*---💙---*

[WIN POV]

Love? I patted her head, happy that she can speak as I dried her tears with my thumb.

She blushed and took out her notebook. "Sorry. I just wanted to say thank you," her scribbles read. I nodded as I took her hand again, walking across the street where we first met face to face.

"You know, Hae-mee..."
I scratched the back of my neck. "I missed you."

She smiled and pulled a shopping cart when we got to the small mini-mart.

We wandered around laughing at my cringey jokes and singing along to NCT "Highway to Heaven" English version.

She danced, pushing the cart a bit too fast, almost running into a 12 year-old kid. Luckily I stopped the cart before it hit him. "Watch out," I said.

She gasped and bowed, pulling out her notebook, "I'm so so sorry.."

The boy popped a lollipop out his mouth and turned his attention to me. "Your girlfriend doesn't speak. Why is that?"

Hae-mee blushed, beginning to write down the explanation she shared to me, but I spoke on her behalf instead. "She hasn't found her voice yet, but," he turned my eyes to her and smiled, "she will soon."

Hae-mee's blush grew more visible.
The kid just looked at me weird and then left.

Yeah... I was cringey. I would've left too.
Oh shoot. I didn't deny it when he called Hae-mee my girlfriend.

She's not. She's just a friend. Lilia was my girlfriend. And I never exactly sorted things out with her...

I hope Hae-mee doesn't take this the wrong way. I turned my eyes to the floor. She nudged me with her elbow, smiling. I returned her sweet smile with a tiny grin.

"Hungry?" I asked, hearing her stomach growl. She pouted and nodded.

"Okay. Let's get done here first." She put up an 'ok' sign.

"What do you want to eat?" "Chicken. Fried chicken," Hae-mee wrote as a response. KFC it is then.

I laughed, "Yeah. Let's go drop off the groceries at my house first."

*---💙---*

"Eomma, I'm home," I said, pushing the door open. I put down the plastic bags in the kitchen while Hae-mee explored.

"Is she home?" she signed at me.

"Yeah. She's probably showering. Let's go?"

"Won't she get worried?" she communicated. I smiled and shook my head, "I'll shoot a text that I'm out with my friends."

She nodded and followed me out the door.
After walking a few steps, I stopped and turned to Hae-mee. She lifted her head and tilted it, asking me what was wrong.

I opened my mouth to speak, but then I shut it, turning away. "Nothing," I mumbled, kicking a stone.

What would I say to her?
'I can't love you because I'm in love with your sister'?
What if that's a lie?

These past few days and weeks have been such a rollercoaster, but the most fun rollercoaster I've been on for a while.

My life was so boring without Hae-mee.
I once used to be a boy that didn't give a crap about situations or give people a second glance to understand them.

Before Hae-mee, I was the type to give up.
Maybe I did love her.
But what would I know about love?

Most girls would leave me because I'm so cold. But Lilia stayed with me despite my attitude.
I have that and maybe that's why I love Lilia.

"O-Oppa."

I lifted my head from my thoughts. "Hm?"

"S-sorry."

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and looked away. "Don't say you're sorry. What would you be sorry for? Being yourself? If that's what it is, I'll never forgive you."

She blushed and I mumbled under my breath, hoping she wouldn't hear. "... I'm the one that's sorry."

I sighed and smiled, "So. Chicken?"

A/n:
Hello! Mizu here <3
I'm so proud of MCND
They're #29 on trending for their comeback "Spring"

Also
I put NCT Highway to Heaven just to make it funny
Win singing the English version of it-
Goodness gracious I would commit die

Hameu iseu chicken

oK bYe~