↳ Episode Five

*---💙---*

[HAE-MEE/YOUR POV]

You sighed with relief that it was a negative test as the bell rang for lunch.

You threw away the test and washed your hands, splashing water over your face. When you looked up to see yourself, your vision was blurred. You dried your face and your vision was cleared once again.

You picked up your bookbag and headed up to the roof to meet Minjae, but he wasn't there like usual.

You panicked for a bit, but eventually calmed yourself and walked down to your classroom. You didn't know how you became so possessive, but all you knew was that you needed your best friend by your side at all times even if you were keeping secrets.

You stood in the doorway and saw Minjae with another girl. She offered him a strawberry and he accepted it with a smile. You didn't know why you were irritated by the scene. All you knew was that you wanted to keep her away from him.

She giggled at a joke he made, which caused you to clear your throat.

They turned their attention towards you.

"Minjae-ah, I was worried," you pouted.

"Hae?"

The girl looked back and fourth at you and Minjae, feeling a little out of place.

"Why are you with her?" you asked, gesturing to the other female. "Please find someone else. He's mine," you said, taking up the boy.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were dating Minjae... We weren't doing anything," she said softly, gathering all her things. She bowed and pushed past you, causing Minjae to yank his arm out of your reach.

"Let's go eat, Minjae-ah!"

He glared, "What the hell is your problem, Hae-mee? Yerin just lost her Mom. You should know her situation better than anyone. She missed school, so she was asking me to help her catch up. Why do you have to be this way now? Do you even know how long I've been waiting for you to even listen to me? You never acknowledge my feelings, Haemee. Not once. And now you're... forget it."

Your eyes turned to the ground as you whispered, "I'm sorry..."

"Just shut up. It-it doesn't even matter anymore. I'll talk to you later."

You shook your head, but Minjae proceeded out the door, sighing.

That day, you decided to walk home alone, but you didn't want to go straight there, so you went to a playground near your old school. You spent a few hours there until your phone died from blasting too much Seventeen. Your favorite song then was I don't know.

You stood up and started to head home as slowly as you could.

---

You shut the door carefully behind you. No one seemed to be home.
You let out a sigh of relief.

You celebrated too quickly.
"Hello, Hae-mee," a voice said.

Just your luck. Your brother was at work, and your sister was staying back after school for another student council meeting.

"Hi.."

"It's just us," he whispered.
You nodded slightly...

and the torture began shortly after.

What kind of father would do this to their daughter?
Your father.

You wailed, tears rushing down your face, meeting the sofa cushions.

"SHUT UP!" he barked at you.
Everyday you would pray for it to stop and everyday it would never cease.

Sometimes you wondered if there was even a God to hear your prayers.

As he growled threats into your ear, you heard a pair of keys drop onto the wooden floor, and he scrambled from off you.

"Dad?"

The voice belonged to Lilia.

"Lilia wait," he said, putting on his pants.

She panted and ran to her room, taking her phone and locking the door behind her.
"Lilia!" he yelled, banging on the door.

He glared at you. "This is all your fault."

You continued to put on your clothes when he grabbed you by the hair and slammed you into the floor. Your hair stuck to your face, wet from the tears.

He continued to pound his fist into your face.

"DAD STOP!" Lilia yelled, crying. "Why..? Why are you doing this to Lilia??! To my sister?! To your daughter-"

"SHE'S NOT MY DAMN DAUGHTER!" he yelled. "Your whore of a mother cheated on me with one of her clients!"

Rage filled inside of you and you picked up your sister's keys, stabbing him in the shoulder repeatedly. "DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT MOM LIKE THAT!" you yelled.

Lilia screamed at his blood on your hands. You ran to her where she hugged you tightly.

"Oh my God Dad....... what have you done..?" she cried, stroking my hair.

He pulled out the metal key from his shoulder, and came towards you and your sister.

"STOP IT!" Lilia cried. "STOP!!!"

Your sister grabbed your wrist and pulled you to her room, locking the door.

"Go to the closet," she cried, "please."

You nodded and hid in her closet, covering your ears from the banging at the door.

Suddenly it stopped, and Lilia opened it up and enveloped you into a hug.

"It's okay Hae... it's okay..."

Seongjun squeezed your hand tightly as you watched your father taken out in handcuffs.

"YOU'LL NEVER FORGET ABOUT ME HAE-MEE! YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SPEAK WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT ME!" he yelled, like a curse ringing in your ears.

And he was right.

---

Seongjun took you and Lilia away, finding an apartment complex for you two, and you switched schools so you wouldn't have to worry about Minjae judging you and worrying for you.

You cherished every moment and watched him from afar.

You cut your hair, and for months, you would look across the street at the bus stop and see Minjae walking there, going to school.

He never recognized you though since you wore a mask. One day, he just stopped taking the bus. You never saw Minjae again.

You did love him.

But it was too late to admit it.

Every moment kept you up at night. You never listened to him when he was going to tell you something. Maybe that's what he meant.

Maybe he loved you just as much as you loved him.
But too bad you never told him.

Maybe.... Maybe things could've changed.

A/n:
Hello! Mizu here <3
Ah this book is insane..

Sorry for cursing lol
ANyWayS

I hope you had fun reading about Hae-mee's confusing feelings.