↳ Episode Six

[WIN POV]

Hae-mee still hadn't come back from the bathroom, and the chicken was already cold.

Should I go check on her?

I sighed and got up, knocking on the women's restroom door. "Hae-mee-ah? You okay in there?"

She opened the door and nodded, walking out the hallway with me Her eyes looked a little puffy... Did I say something wrong earlier?

"It's almost 1," I said, checking my phone awkwardly. "Let's take you home?" She smiled softly while nodding as we headed back to our table to grab our stuff and throw our trash away.

I picked up the bucket of remaining chicken while Hae-mee cleared off the table. We bowed to the cashiers and made our way out the exit.

"So," I opened up, "how long has it been since you've spoken?"
"A while," she signed in reply.

"Oh but you sing?" I raised an eyebrow.

She shrugged, "It makes the pain go away."

"Oh."

"So how do you understand sign language?" she asked with her hands.

"Ah, well. My sister taught it to me before she moved away to America. She said she had a friend who knew how to use sign language. But when I met you, I picked it up again, though I forgot a lot," I signed with my hands and smiled,

"I learned for you."

She slightly blushed, "Thank you," she signed, looking down.

"Oh yeah and you said singing takes the pain away earlier.... if singing makes you happier, let me be your music. Use me to your advantage. Call me if you ever feel like letting out emotion,"

I looked away from Hae-mee's eyes that began to glisten brightly with tears,

"I'll be here for you just like music goes along with a voice. If singing makes you feel better, let me be here for you too... I don't know if that makes sense," I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sorry. I'm not good at this... talking thing," I looked over at Hae-mee again. A tear ran down her left eye.

She bowed, tears falling down the corners of her eyes. I began to panic until she grabbed my sleeve and cried out, "Thank you, Junhyuk! Thank you so much..."

It really hurt at that time. Seeing her suffering, I wondered everyday if it would ever get better for her.

Meanwhile, a car ran through a puddle near us, and Hae-mee pulled me away, randomly yelling out, "PROTECT THE CHICKEN!"

When we moved closer to the wall, we took several deep breaths in and out and then looked at each other, beginning an outburst of random laughter at Hae-mee's battle cry in favor for the chicken.

Suddenly, I felt my spit travel to the back of my throat, and began accidentally choking on my own spit.

She laughed harder, exposing her gums and shutting her eyes tightly. She began slapping her hand against the building wall, practically dying.

I shook my head, still coughing to get the spit back out my throat, "Sheesh Hae-mee. You're such a sadist-laughing at me choking."

I laughed a little, "But it was still pretty funny..."

She settled down into another sweet smile. Tears formed again in her eyes. "Oh c'mon Hae-mee, don't cry again... You're kinda scaring me."

"Thank you," she signed, "you're the first person who's given me space to breathe and actually considered what I'm going through."

I patted her head and she stopped crying. "We have a few minutes to take you home. You wanna just.. hang out?"

She shrugged, "Can we just hang out at my house? I kinda just wanna go home," her hands gestured.

"Sure," I shrugged back.

---

We got to her place and were greeted by an upset brother.

"I thought I said bring her home by 1," he said, tapping his watch. "It's 1:02."
He kinda scares me, but doesn't...

I pulled out my phone, "I'm sorry, but I think your watch is advanced. It's only 12:56 on my clock."

Hae-mee nodded in agreeance after checking her phone. Castle J sucked his teeth and nodded to himself. "Very well," he began to rub his chin, scanning me up and down. "Good manners, punctual with time, great pronunciation... Can you rap?"

"Yes sir," I nodded, "I was on Under Nineteen a few years ago."

"Then we have much to discuss. Come in."

Hae-mee giggled and we entered into the house, removing our shoes.

A/n:
Hey~ Mizu here <3
It's been a while since I last updated, hm?

Updates will probably be more frequent now because I have everything planned out from this moment to the Series Finale~

This was a little short, but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyways! Stay inside, stay safe, stay reading my fanfic 😗

If you'd like to join an MCND group chat on Instagram, please dm me @yumehana09

\PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY/
Please vote if you want me to do an ASK ANYTHING CHAT FEATURING MCND.

DEADLINE FOR THE VOTES IS THE 2ND OF JUNE.
IF I DON'T GET ENOUGH VOTES, I WILL PUT OFF THE ASK ANYTHING CHAT FOR THE LAST SEASON OR WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT.

AND IF I DON'T GET ANY QUESTION ENTRIES, I WILL JUST END THE CHAT ALL AND ALL.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE SECTION TITLED (and I do not mean vote on the chapter. At the end of the explaination, it will ask you to vote. Only those votes count. If you place the votes anywhere else, I will not see it) ' <🎶N.A.U. (6)- MCND answers your questions🎶> '