Chapter 2

Part 1-Max

I was sat with the boys as usual, paying no attention to whatever nerdy shit they were talking about today. I feel as if  I can't focus. My mind is always awake, assaulting me with constant thoughts. Doubts, worries, realisations. The only time I get a break is when I'm asleep (which isn't often when you live with parents that love to yell at each other 24/7). I only li-
My thoughts were cut short when a familiar brunette sat down next to me at the crowded lunch table. "Hey El, miss me already?" I smirked, eyebrows raised questioningly. She glared at me, pushing a strand of her chestnut brown hair behind her ears.
"Ha ha, very funny Maxine but I can last without your kisses for half an hour yanno." As soon as she said this, I felt a crimson blush creep onto my pale cheeks. We didnt actually kiss and everyone knew it but even the thought of Els soft lips on mine gave me butterflies. El, now satisfied with my level of embarrassment, dug into her bag to retrieve her lunch.

El is more tan than me and her skin glowed whenever she went into the sun whereas I just burnt. Her eyes were a dark brown colour that, in a certain lighting, turned a beautiful golden colour that I could get lost in if I looked for too long. She was just perfect. I knew that our flirting was purely platonic but deep down I wanted more, I just couldn't admit to it. Not yet. Its not that I was in denial about being gay, I was in denial about her and my feelings towards her. She was my closest friend and I didn't want to ruin that. I couldn't lose her.
"So," someone else began. "Since Wills birthday is coming up, I, we," Mike gestured towards Dustin and himself. "well, we wanted to do something special. So we was hoping that we could all meet in my basement on Sunday and play DnD and watch movies like the good old days." Mike looked around the table anticipating our reactions, however when we didn't say anything, he elaborated." I, we don't have to I-its j just because he used to love DnD and I um.... Thought it would be a nice um.. Memory. That's all. I'm sorry its stupid i-" I cut him off by placing my hand up. "It's a great idea I'm sure he will love it, right guys?" Getting the hint, the table began to join in the conversation making Mike feel instantly better. Feeling as though someone was looking at me, I looked around until my eyes landed on El. They connected for a minute before I looked away, guilty. Like she could read my mind.
Then the bell rung.

So, I'm sorry this is a lame chapter, I tried but I guess I'm not as good as writing as I thought. I probably repeated myself a lot and I didn't check for spelling mistakes as I'm sorta busy so it probably just doesn't make sense. Sorry.
Xoxo - the mysterious author
Ooh, spooky