17

Colby's pov.

I didn't know what I was doing. He's right there tell him. I looked over at the broken boy and rolled my eyes. His eyes glistened full
Of tears. He then walked away. I let him leave. I felt bad. Jackson announced he was leaving. I nodded and sat there thinking. What the fuck should I do. I waited there for awhile until I saw jack making out with someone. I laughed and got up. I started walking home, since Jack was my ride. It was chilly but I didn't mind.

I finally arrived at my place. I opened the door, walked in and shut the door. I looked around, I saw my bag and my keys. Not right now. I sat down at the table and looked for paper along with a pen. I wrote down some things for Sam, jackson and jack. I didn't know what I was planning but I knew I had to go soon. I finished writing and set the papers down on the table their names written on front. I got up grabbed my bag and my keys. I grabbed some cash, along with some other stuff. I put the bag on my shoulder. Without thinking I walked out the door and ran down the stairs out to my car. I didn't know where I was going but I just needed to leave. I threw the bag in the passenger seat and left.

I was driving for hours. I finally found a place. It was a mountain, there was trails and a small park. I sighed and parked, getting out of my car. The sun was setting hues of orange and yellow illuminating the sky. I took a breath in as I sat by the edge. This was my escape.

-Few days later-
Sam

I was finally let out of the hospital, I was sitting in my room trying to process that Colby ran off. I tried calling his phone for the 5th time today. I waited "please pick up" I mumbled. I was about to hang up until I hear it. "Sam?" I sighed in relief. "Colb- thank god you're okay. Where the hell are you? Why did you leave" it was silent on his end. "I cant say I just needed a break and I he-" I stopped him mid sentence "what the hell do you mean break. I got into a crash colbs where were you." It was silent. "I'm sorry" then the call ended. I sat there staring at the contact.

I was sitting on my steps. My mom was inside with Malcolm. I looked around and heard someone calling my name. I was confused but looked back. It was my mom. I got up and went inside. "Someone called for you Sam" I nodded but went to the phone. "Hello?" The other end was static until I heard him. "Sam it's Jackson" I was confused. "Uhm hi, uh is everything okay?" I heard Jackson crying? I got worried. "Jackson is everything okay?!"

"Yes Sam everything's okay. I'm okay. My dads gone finally! The neighbors heard him yelling so they called the cops. Sam I'm free." He cried. I started to tear up. "That's amazing." I heard him take a deep breath. "Yeah Uhm I was wondering if you also wanted to go out for dinner or something?" I thought about it. "Yeah sure uh. Can you pick me up?" He laughed and agreed. I hung up the phone and went to my room. I saw Malcolm and my mom on the couch beer bottles in their hand. I walked into my room and yelled "I'm going out don't trash the place" I went to my closet and got a pastel pink sweater along with a jean jacket, I also grabbed some black jeans and my converse. I put my jeans on and slipped my shirt off. I saw my chest had some stitches my ribs had bruises along with my stomach. I felt sick so I quickly slipped my shirt on and my jacket. I looked in the mirror and ruffled my hair a bit.

Me and Jackson were at an old fashion diner, we sat near the back so we don't have to bother anyone. We talked about how his dad got arrested for a few years. Jackson was talking about moving into his own apartment, he had the money. We started to do some research on our phones about apartments around the area.
Jackson settled on a 1 bedroom apartment. It wasn't that much. We talked some more about it and what would happen.

A hour passed and the diner was mostly empty. Me,Jackson and a few others were still here. I was finishing my shake, I heard the bell above the door and looked up. A teenage boy walked in his hood up. Brown hair poking out under it. He kept his head down. I started a conversation with Jackson ignoring the teen. He walked past us and sat at a booth in the far back. A waiter passed by to serve the teen. I observed him. He looked up and caught me staring. I looked away until I realized, it was colby. I got up and walked over to him. He tried to get up but I pushed him back down. "What the fuck where were you." He avoided my gaze. I sat down at the end of the booth so he couldn't get out. "I got into a car crash Colby, where were you." He looked at me his eyes were puffy and Glossy. He was obviously crying. I felt bad.

"I needed to leave. I need to leave this place Sam." I sat there looking at him. I hesitated   

should I hug him?

I pulled him in. I heard him cry. "I'm sorry Sam." I nuzzled my head into his shoulder. "Hey what's wrong? Talk to me" I looked over at where Jackson was sitting he was gone. I sighed. I looked at Colby. He had his head up and was staring at me. "I'm sorry about the party, I don't know what I was thinking me and jack aren't together anymore." I was shocked. "I'm sorry Sam" I was confused. He then pushed me out of the seat and ran out. He quickly looked back and I could see he was crying. I sat on the the ground confused and worried. I got up dusted myself off and went outside I checked for Jackson or Colby. Jackson's car was there but not Colby. I put my hood up and walked over to Jackson's car. "Can you take me home please?" He looked over and nodded I looked out the window.

I hope he's okay.