chapter 13 (warning self-harm)

[tyler pov]
we all slept over at mike's again. in the morning, i woke uo thinking about ada. the boys and i decided we would go see her around noon. this cheered me up a bit.

[ada pov]
i was usually a happy person. i guess tyler helped me realize my dad wasn't lying. i mean, if your own creator and your best friend hate you then there's obviously something wrong. my mom went off grocery shopping at 9 and it's been an hour and a half and she's still not home. "probably trying to escape you, ada. that's how annoying you are." i say.

i take the razor and make 4 more knicks on my left arm. they bled more than the ones yesterday. i didn't even bother cleaning it. "you deserve this. you only ever get in the way." i say as i wash the razor. i set it down and run to my room and flop on my bed. i cry some more.

"j-just a big cryba-baby." i stutter through sobs.

i cried a lot until at 11:29 my mom got home. "i'm home." she yelled from downstairs.

"ok!" i yell back, hiding the pain in my voice.

i cry a whole heck of a lot more until i hear scratches on my window. i knew it was the boys and i wasnt in the mood. i don't deserve them anyhow. i slap myself to make sure i know i don't deserve them. i hear it five more times until i shift to laying on my back and doze off.

[tyler pov]
we tried throwing pebbles at ada's window but she didn't answer. maybe she was in the living room. "let's just go knock, guys." greg says.

we shrug and knock. ada's mom answers the door. we tell her we want to see ada. "she's upstairs in her room. go ahead." she says.

steve walks in last and closes the door behind him. i was the only person that's been up to ada's room so i lead the way. we knocked. nothing. we walked in and say ada laying down asleep.

she looked awful. not ugly, but awful. she had terrible bags under her eyes and her eyes were swollen. we walked to the other side of her bed where her head was facing and her arm dangled off the bed. "oh my god." steve said.

she had blood running down her arm onto her hand. i grabbed her other wrist and flipped it over. she had scratch marks. it wasn't regular scratches either. it was more like, i want to say, razor marks? "she's hurting herself." michael said, pointing to her cheek.

she had a large red spot. she slapped herself or something. "this is my fault..." i say.

"no, man, she just-" "she just what, huh? i say something mean to her and she just hurts herself for no reason??" i cut michael off.

we heard a groan and turn towards ada.