Chapter 29: I Know

The two Winchester men sprung up out of their chairs, taking a step away from you. Sam's arm knocked over an empty beer bottle that was destined to smash against the tile, but you stopped it, halting it mid air and placing it back on the table with a tilt of your fingers.

"How are— Lucifer..." Sam breathed out, his chest heaving with alarm.

"He's not here." said Castiel, stepping towards you. As soon as he wrapped his arms around you, everything suddenly felt... wrong. What was going on in your head?

"I don't have much time—" you were let go by Castiel only to be engulfed by Sam. You returned the hug, but you couldn't keep your eyes off of Dean.

"We've been searching all over for you, there's been no sign of anything remotely Lucifer happening on the map." Sam explained, letting go of you and half expecting Dean to throw you over his shoulder and take you away.

But he didn't move.

"He's got me holed up somewhere in Virginia. But I don't have much time, and I need to talk to you all."

"(Y/n), why isn't he dead yet?" Dean finally spoke, not daring to step closer yet. "Why did you go with him?"

"I had to. I didn't have a choice." you narrowed your eyes at him.

"You always have a choice. You could have stayed, we could've fought him!" Dean was raising his voice, but you didn't flinch.

"Don't question my sacrifices, Dean! That's not why I'm here." you heard him scoff, but you really didn't want to waste any time. "Lucifer is hell bent on starting the apocalypse, but he won't start it without me. I honestly don't think he can..."

"But?" Castiel said, "What have you come here to talk about if not a plan to kill Lucifer."

You paused. "What if we left?"

"Left... Kansas?" Sam questioned.

"Left Earth. I think I can convince Lucifer to take us somewhere else, a new universe where he has reign but we can all be happy." You smiled, trying to reason with the boys.

"You want to team up with the Devil? Live life with Satan and act like a happy little family? No way." Said Dean, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at you in disbelief.

"Why not? This world hasn't done anything for any of us, not you, not Sam, not Castiel. This is a compromise!"

"What did he tell you, (y/n)?" said the youngest Winchester in a careful voice. He sounded like he was walking on eggshells around you.

"He didn't tell me anything, he showed me how horrible this version of humanity is! He isn't wrong, Sam, but I don't want to destroy this Earth. Let's just leave it."

There was silence.

"Come on, guys! You're not listening to me!" You stomped your foot, creating a massive quake throughout the bunker that only lasted a few seconds. A singed footprint lay in its wake amongst the tile, but you payed no mind to it.

"(Y/n), you don't want this. Stay here, rid yourself of Lucifer and we can defeat him together." Dean spoke up, stepping towards you. He brushed a piece of hair out of your face, gazing into your eyes as he spoke.

"Let me show you, I can show you what you obviously won't see!" You told him, lifting a hand to his head.

"(Y/n), no!" The angel yelled, flinging you and Dean to opposite sides of the room. "You can't expose human minds to things like that." He explained, eyes wide and alert.

"Luci showed me, and I'm fine!"

"Oh, you're on a nickname basis now?" Dean rolled his eyes from across the room, and it took everything in you not to throttle him right then and there.