Logan's Barry 🐭 ℓσgι¢αℓιту

Logicatlity was requested! So here it is! Sorry if this short, I don't write this ship often and I had hit a small writer's block- but! here we are :)
I'm still taking requests!!!!

TW: uh- based on the events happening, with covid and everyone being quarantined, but its just a buncha fluff and things dont get too serious-
Humans AU

It had been just a few weeks since everyone was instructed to stay inside and many work places and schools were closed down - but Logan was already feeling like he was about to go bonkers. He was a school teacher and was trying his hardest to keep all of his students in check from his home through an online program, but so many kids were starting to fall behind in his class.

He groans and rubs his eyes from under his glasses as he leans back into the wood chair, peeling his eyes off the screen of the laptop that sat on the kitchen table for just a few seconds. His eyes hurt and its wasn't even that late in the day. He really wished they'd just cancel school, but he knew the students still needed to get in their education - and he needed money. Logan thought he would've lost his mind by now if not for one thing keeping hi,m sane - his friends. He lived alone in a small house and things stayed pretty quiet, but he had a few closer friends that liked to video chat a lot since the current events really started making an impact. He didn't mind at all - he was definitely glad to see his friends hadn't forgotten about him during these times, though he'd never admit how much he did care for them. He was close with all of them, of course, but it was his fellow school teacher he was closest with. Patton, or Mr. Hart to the preschooler he worked with. Logan had known him since they were kids. And a lot of students, and even staff members, call the two 'work husbands'.

And as he opened his eyes, starting to turn back to his work, he receives a phone call. He answers, not really looking, but a slight smile appears on his face as he hears a familiar, happy voice.

"Hey Logan, sorry if your busy," Patton's voice glides from the phone, "I just wanted to let you know- I left a package for you!"

"A- package?" Logan questions, standing, "You mean by the door?"

"Yep! I know we're all quarantined and well, I thought- since you live alone--er, just go and see!"

Logan holds a confused look and heads for his front door, opening it to find a box with holes in the top. He hums, "What-" he picks it up, pausing when he finds it heavier than he originally thought, and slowly brings it inside. He sets it on the kitchen table, speaking to his friend through the phone, "What did you leave me?" he asks, trying to see through the holes in the top of the box but finding it too dark to do so.

"Just open it, silly," Patton laughs.

Logan slowly gets the box open and a small surprised gasp leaves him. Inside the box sits a little cage and inside that, a small, white-
"Is that a- mouse?"

"Mhm-" he hears a small laugh from Patton through the phone, "You always had an interest in rodents and rejected the ideas of cats and dogs- but! I didn't want you be alone.. everthings in there! Food, a small cage- the essentials!"
Logan glances around the box and sure enough- most things he'd need are in there, and plenty of it.
He laughs, though covering it with a badly faked cough, "Heh- uh- and you thought I have time for a pet..?" he pauses but continues before Patton can answer, "Mm- nevermind that question- did..did you name him?"

"Uh- I called him Berry the whole time, you know- like a strawberry? Or a blueberry-?" Patton paused, "But- he's yours, you can decide! Uh- I gotta go, but I'll call you later-! Have fun!" he hangs up and Logan assumes its work related. He looks down at the small rodent. Slowly, he opens the little door to the cage and lets it sniff then climb onto his hand. He chuckles softly.

"Berry's suiting but maybe not like fruit, how about..Barry, with an 'a'?" He 'asks' the mouse, who looks at him with his head tilted. Logan again chuckles.

Barry the mouse.

Yes..that had a nice little ring to it.

Barry the mouse.

Get it? Logan's Barry ahaaaaaa--- comedy