C H A P T E R 5

THE RABBIT HOLE

Cora

"You said you wanted talk but you were rather too quick at getting someone else to accompany you for the night," Dylan spoke to Nadia but her eyes were unto me, "let's just meet some other time, brat."

"Stop calling me that!" Nadia yelled. "Sit and stay!"

"You're using dog commands on me?" A perfect brow rose. Obviously, Dylan wasn't too keen on being told what to do. "Care to rephrase that, little mutt?"

Little mutt?

Aside from being a walking billboard model, she was very creative at hurling insults too.

"Please..." Nadia pouted then smiled when Dylan, despite expressing her intention of wanting to leave, stayed seated. She then called a waiter to our table to add cold drinks, "Would you like a night cap, Cora?"

"Sure," I would need one for it looks to me like silver-eyes might be invading my dreams tonight.

"Do you think it wise to ingest something that would dull your senses, Randale?" Dylan was doing her darned best to ignore me and the fact she and I had some unresolved issues.

I had not heard a single apology leave her lips.

I'd make her remember.

"A bottle won't hurt," said Nadia. With a wide cheerful grin, she knew she could get away with everything.

"I thought you're here for a date, Nadia? With her?"

"Yeah, she's -"

Dylan interrupted Nadia by cramming a whole chicken leg in her mouth then pretended that she was bored. Other than not good at taking orders, she obviously has something against being the subject of conversation. She could pretend all she wanted but I knew I scored one. Her sharp eyes were dissecting me while I took a spoonful of soup as I was clearly pleased to get a rise out of her.

"How long have you guys been together?" I wanted to keep it going partly because it was a thrill to know how far I could annoy her until she finally burst.

She paused and took the half-eaten leg away but she did not put it down. "We go way back years. We're close to hitting our silver anniversary."

Like me, Nadia seemed like she was having the time of her life making Dylan subtly squirm in irritation.

Silver anniversary?

An inside joke?

She was a beautiful girl and definitely someone that shouldn't be wasted on a two-timer. "It wasn't so long ago, if I remember correctly, I saw this woman with a different lady. It's either she's making a fool out of her or you."

Why did I say that?

Lack of sleep has made me crazy and I was getting such a high at riling silver-eyes.

Dylan seethed but chose not to speak. Our drinks arrived at the end of my stupid speech and she immediately snatched a bottle and drank.

"You've already met?" Sensing tension and sneaking a nervous glance at her 'date', Nadia released a shaky breath and chuckled, "Oh, you mean Isabel?"

Remembering that woman's name was enough to have me gritting my teeth and cracking my knuckles - so ready to have a better shot at putting her in place. Isabel was the nightmarish, rudest and entitled metropolitan woman I had ever had the misfortune of meeting in my short trips.

"You know about her and you're ok with that?"

Unbelievable!

Dylan may be one's walking cover-girl dream come true but being a cheater should strike out a point or two.