Chapter 13: Family

"What made you think about us coming to this place, (N/N)?" Kiri stares at the sunrise.

"I just like to come here to sort out my thoughts sometimes. And, I guess, it reminds me of things that I have gone through and the memories that I still hold onto." I stare at my hands as I feel my eyes start to blur, "it reminds me of the time when... when I watched the sunset with my mom." I swallow a lump in my throat.

"What happened," Bakugo glances at me.

"I don't like to talk about it that much. I'm sorry. I'll tell you guys some other day. Right now, I don't feel ready.

Of course, I want to tell them, but I don't like the thought that someone will feel bad for me for the actions that I did. I could have saved her. I could have stepped up and could have taken that damn bullet. Father would have been happy again if I did. I wouldn't be threatened to be killed by him.

But, I couldn't.

A strange feeling tickles my nose. I clear my throat.

"So what would make you think about bringing us to your special place?" Kiri lays his hand on my shoulder.

"You guys mean a lot to me even though I've only known you two for a few days. I feel like I've known you two for months, even years. And sometimes, you've just gotta come to a place where you can feel like you're home and you can remember the memories from many years ago. The ones that make you smile, and the ones that make you cry. I just thought... maybe you guys wanted something like that too..."

Kiri doesn't say anything; he just looks between me and the ocean. I sigh and fiddle with my fingers.

I miss her so much. I would give up anything just to see her one more time.

It's hard to believe that what I'm living in is real. That my life is just playing, right in front of my eyes and I have no control over the time or the destiny that is planned for me. I can't stop time and take a moment to take a deep breath and fall into an endless sleep.

My mother is gone and I can't do anything about it to bring her back. I feel like I have a hole in my heart that will never heal. That my heart will never pump as hard and fast as it used to and my mouth won't be able to say the words I love you ever again.

***** Two days later *****

"Lesson one. You start blushing when you are around them, m'kay?"

I groan, "Do we have to do this now? I honestly see no point in this."

"Yes, ma'am! It is our duty to help you with your needs," Uraraka salutes.

"Any-who," Jirou starts again, "You have to feel your heart bubble and beat really fast. Do you find the person cute? If you do and not in a friend like way, you are in love. You might find yourself staring at them in class. You might catch yourself doing that."

"Oh! Don't forget the thinking about that person nonstop." Hagakure waves her arms in the air.

"I thought you weren't in love with anyone. How would you know about this?" I place my head on my palm.

"I'm not... but I used to! There was this one boy in my class his name's Ojiro. Too bad that he went to another hero school."

"Anyways, you automatically feel happy and cheerful. You might find yourself flirting with them."

"What's going on over here," Kaminari peeks his head over Jirou's shoulders. Jirou immediately blushes.

"They're slowly killing me with useless information," I grumble. I honestly see no point in this. Is that bad?