Chapter 17: Internship

"(L/N)... (L/N)... (L/N)!!!" Mr. Aizawa shouts. I squeak as webs leave my body unintentionally. My teacher sighs, "You're doing it again. Fifth time this week, (L/N). Get your quirk under control." I realized he was talking about my webs leaving my hands and arms. I swore under my breath and retracted them, accidentally hitting Bakugo in the face in the process. Yep, that's how far it was. 

"You son of a-" he yelled and jumped on my desk and grabbed my collar and yanked me to his face. I roll my eyes, not in the mood for his crap. 

"Hey, Bakugo, calm down." Kirishima stood up.

Bakugo hisses, "Do that one more time and I-" Mr. Aizawa's scarf stops him. The teacher yanks him away from me and threw him across the room. He continued his lessons as if nothing happened. 

I shot Bakugo a glare and sat back down. 

***** 

I've had these gauntlets for a while now, and I still don't feel comfortable with them on. When we were training, I couldn't even use my quirk under command! It only worked one or two times. I haven't been able to use it since the day I was hanging out with Kirishima.

That's when I new that I had to get something built to support my quirk. It was a yellow metal -that is flexible with my movements- that wraps around my wrists and reaches up to my elbows. I also had this cool idea of adding rotating spheres so that my webs can shoot out of multiples of them. 

Anyway, we've chosen our hero names and I'm starting my internship tomorrow with the pro hero, Best Jeanist. His quirk is similiar to mine in a way, so I thought that I could use some pointers for handling my quirk better. He might have the answer to why my quirk hasn't been cooperating too. Turns out Bakugo chose him too, so I'm kind of excited to spend some time with him and learn more about him -and why he has a temper tantrum every three seconds. 

"Bakugo! Wait up." I ran up to him, almost falling face first into his book bag. 

"What do you WANT?!"

"Dude, chill. I just want to talk like civilized people."

"Tch." He continues to walk, but I notice that he's walking a little slower. 

I smile to myself, happy that he wants me to tag along. I walk along side him with my eyes glued to the muck on my shoes. I count to one hundred and twenty seconds and decide to form a conversation. "So... Best Jeanist, huh?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Um..." I felt my heart beating a bit faster than normal. "I picked him. You chose him to, right? What a coincidence..." I form my hands into a mountain and then a mountain that eroded over five million years. 

"Yeah... Coincidence." I could feel his red eyes dash from my neck to my hair and than to my eyes. "Who are they?" I give him a perplexed expression. "You're new parents, dumbass."

"Huh?! I don't h-have any new parents. I'm still homeless." 

He didn't respond. I could tell he didn't want to pry on and make me uncomfortable. Aw, so sweet of you, Bakuhoe.

We continued walking until we were at a gas station. Bakugo walks in and holds the door open for me with his foot. Hesitantly, I walk in. Bakugo takes a bag of chips from an aisle and grabs a pack of Pocky's. "What do you want?" 

"S-sorry?" I snap my eyes away from his shoes. 

"What do you want?" He gestures to the Pocky's. 

"Uh, um... I'm goo-"

"CHOOSE ONE, SHITTY FACE!" 

"AYE SIR!" I grab a (favorite flavor) Pocky pack and march to the register with Mr. Scream My Ass Off For No Reason.