Chapter three

I'm a half breed .The words echoed throughout my mind. Was it true? I mean isn't it possible that all this that had happened was a dream. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep and my mind had completely shut down. If that was the case why did it feel so real. Why the the silk sheets feel so smooth and why did the scratch on my face hurt so bad? I looked around the dining room once agin. Everyone was looking at me. I played with a strand of hair.
"I can't believe this.....I won't believe this! I'm not a half breed I'm not a breed at all I'm a human and you all have me mixed up with someone or something else!"
I got up from the table and tried to make my way to the door only to be stopped and pulled back into something hard.
"It's hard to take in after what you've been through but you'll have to accept it sooner or later Ella and the sooner you do the sooner we can figure out what you are."
Benjamin looked down at me as he said all this and I was captivated by his now emerald eyes. I looked away and tears started filling my eyes slipping down on my cheeks.
"Why me?"
"Why not you?"
"I'm nobody nothing."
He pulled me tighter to his chest.
"I know you better then you thank Ella I've read all your books and poems and everything you've ever written.......I've watched you ever since you where five when you where discovered by the shadow world......and I can tell you you've never been nothing you've always amazed me and everyone around you."
I was shocked at his words. Did he just say that he had been watching me? I pulled out of his arms.
"What about my parents what where they? Who where they."
Id never gotten to know them they put me up for adoption as soon as I was born.
"Your mother was a mortal woman and your father was.......i haven't figured that out yet but he was special he was a mix breed of two things one being a very rare species."
"What was it?"
"He was half dragon Ella the very last of his kind until you where born he was the last living being that had dragon blood in his veins."
"So what I'm going to turn into this giant dragon now who can breathe fire and be bigger then a house?"
He laughed.
"No love your only a little dragon not enough to turn into one though when you chose you can have there powers."
"Like?"
He scratched his head.
"I don't know all there powers I never got to meet one face to face my parents where very strict on who I met."
I looked at him and his eyes turned cold.
"Do you think that there is a book written about them?"
"It's possible."
"Your telling me that I'm some freak now that's have a dragon and half something you don't even know of I mean am I going to get mad one day and burn down my house just by breathing!"
"Calm down Ella being a quarter dragon isn't the main point the main point is what is your other half?"
"how can we find out?"
The room got quite.
"What?"
"We would have to perform test."
"Such as?"
"Some involve testing your pain tolerance some being see how fast you can run or how long you can hold your breathe."
I looked at him.
"How many species are they of things here in the shadow world."
"Hundreds but we have ruled out most where down to ten that you might be."
"What's those?"
"Demon, sea monster, werewolf, witch, vampire, and shape shifter."
"That's only six."
"There is more then one supernatural world Ella you have the shadow world then you have the upper world where all the good things live like fairies, angles and other things."
"So what do you think I am?
"Either a Angle, faire, Cupid, or white witch."
I laughed.
"I'm not a Cupid."
"what do you think you are then?"
"That's what the test are for."
He grabbed my arm and we started walking to a door that looked like it was a thousand years old. he opened it.