Chapter fifteen

My body was shaking. I tried to open my eyes but they where to heavy. I couldn't move at all but still something was shaking my body. I tried agin to open my eyes but still they wouldn't budge. finally my body started getting lighter and I could move I picked my head up first then opened my eyes and what I saw took my breath away. I was laying in the middle of the street and right above me was William Shakespeare shaking my arm. I sat up but was overcome with dizziness. he quickly grabbed my arm.
"Are you alright miss?"
"Umm yes I suppose so."
I said trying to sound proper. he helped me up.
"I'm so sorry I didn't see you and I couldn't stop my horse in time and it ran right into you!"
"It's quite alright."
he smiled and bowed.
"You look like someone of high birth? Perhaps a Duchess?"
Just then Benjamin walked up beside me.
"Yes actually she is."
He took my hand and kissed it.
"I've been looking everywhere for you dear wife."
I smiled at the way he talked.
"It's my fault sir my horse ran right into her."
"Oh."
"But I'm fine."
He smiled when I said that.
"i haven't gotten your name yet."
"Oh yes I'm William Shakespeare."
He bowed once agin.
"I'm lord Benjamin and this is my wife Ella."
"Ella what a beautiful name."
"Thank you."
"Are you coming to my play this afternoon?"
"Well it was a thought that is if we can find a place to stay in time."
"You haven't gotten a place to stay yet? your not staying with friends or family?"
I looked over to Benjamin and let him answer.
"Um no we are just traveling around England my wife and I it's our honeymoon and she's always wanted to travel.....we haven't got family here so I suppose we will be staying at a hotel that is if there is any."
"Of course! I should have known a young couple like yourself must be newlyweds. There is a nice hotel just down the block oh and before I go."
He took out two tickets.
"Take these and come to my play tonight."
He bowed and got back on his horse. I turned to Benjamin.
"He was nice."
"And a little to touchy for my liking."
"He was holding my hand Benjamin not my butt."
he laughed.
"Maybe in century it means the same thing."
"Where do you wake up?"
"In a chicken house."
I smiled as we made our way to the hotel. he payed for us a room for the whole month and we got settled in.
"So I suppose you want to do a little shopping I mean it isn't everyday you get to see a play in the 16 century."
"No It isn't and that would be nice.....but did you notice there is only one bed!"
"And?"
"And that means we have to sleep together!"
"It's not a big deal Ella I can sleep on the floor of you like."
"What! No I'm sure there are mice here and who knows the black pelage might be going around."
"No it's not Ella not since 1349."
"Oh but still you can not sleep on the floor."
he laughed and handed me a few golden coins.
"Let's go buy you a dress and some shoes and perhaps even a new necklace and ribbons."
"Oh dear husband how you do spoil me."
He laughed at me. and I burst into laughter.
"Oh gosh how are we suppose to fit in here?"
"Just pretend."
He took my hand and lead me down the stairs into a clothing shop that no one was in.
"Hello?"
A old man popped up.
"Hello, young man and lady how can I help you?"
"Well we are looking for a dress worthy of watching a play in."
he looked at us and his mouth hung open.
"You mean the play tonight!"
"Yes sir we do."
"Why I haven't gotten a thing that fancy. tonight's the night the queen her self is going to watch it."
I smiled a big smile.
"Really? We hadn't the slightest clue."
"Yes! But let's see...you need to go to the shop over there they have fine dresses made with silk and pearls and everything."
He ushered us out of the shop and we walked into the other one where he picked out a huge yellow dress with a ruffle necklace thing and a pair of heels that looked like they would kill me. Benjamin paid for it and we headed back to the hotel. Thats when I realized I had no ideal how to put this dress on. after giving up I let Benjamin back into the room.
"I can't put this blasted thing on!"
"Here let me help."
I stood up once more and he tightened the back and fixed it.
"How did you do that?"
"I don't know I just read a lot of books I guess about this era."
"You? You read?"
"Yes Ella I read I find it insulting that you think I have no taste in books after all we are made for each other so something has to be similar in us."
"Don't get all defensive I was just thinking about loud."
"Sorry......it bugs me that you think of me like that....no I don't look like it but I am a nerd will kinda.
I smiled.
"Ok then let's get going."