Chapter fourteen

We pulled back up to the castle. And I was the first one out. Benjamin was going to ask about us traveling back in time and I knew just where I wanted to go. I had always wanted to meet William Shakespeare and here was my chance. I didn't go into the castle instead I waited on the steps. For one month I would live in1595 the year Romeo and Juliet was written and performed. I smiled as I thought of setting in the same theater as Queen Elizabeth. I stood up and made my way into the castle walking up to where Benjamin and some man was talking.
"Can it be done?"
"It's possible......but why now? Your highness has never shown interest in time travel before?"
"Personal reasons."
"The councils have no problem with it as you've proved your self worthy enough but you would have to ask your mother and father as they have the last word."
The man bowed his head and left.
"So....."
He sighed and looked over at me.
"Well Ella........I guess you better be getting ready to meet the King and Queen of the shadow world."
He smiled as he said it but he was hiding something.
"Benjamin I don't have to be there do I?"
"Yes.......but don't tell them what you are."
"You mean what breed I am or who I am toward you?"
"The second one."
"Why?!"
he sighed and went to walk away but I grabbed his arm before he could do anything and drug him into a room.
"Why can't they know?"
"Because they can't!"
"Thanks that clears it up so much! why won't you tell them? am I that bad?"
"Ella it's nothing to do with who you are it's what you are!"
"What I am?"
He ran his fingers through his hair making It stick up.
"Ella your.......well you know what you are! And look at me I'm the prince of all evil things! Do you think that they would allow us to be together I mean really? To save there selfs embarrassment they would have you killed.....I mean how would it look if there sons soul mate was an Angel while he was a Demon!"
"So all it is....is mommy and daddy wouldn't approve."
I smiled as I said that.
"Why didn't you just tell me?"
"Because I didn't want you to worry about what they thought of you or anything it's just something I thought you didn't need to know.....i kinda like it that you have so much hope that we can be together against all odds and I thought if you knew this then you would just give up on us......on me."
He looked like a little kid that had gotten fought in a lie. I couldn't stop myself as I took his hand into mine.
"You think that would change my mind? Please I'm way to stubborn for that one little thing to change me and besides they would have to catch me to kill me."
"Someone's a little cocky."
"I hid from you for a while didn't I?"
"That doesn't make you good."
He held my hand until we got to the door then he brought it up to his lips and placed a kiss on it before letting it go.
"Ready?"
"Ready."
We walked out and made our way to the Kings and queens room. He pushed the doors open and I was met face to face with a woman who looked to be in her later thirties.
"Well Benjamin it's nice to finally let us meet your little friend."
"Sorry I haven't introduced you all sooner mother it's just..."
"She's been causing problems hasn't she?"
His mom walked to a book self and pulled off a book.
"Let's see.....first she refuses to leave this world to go to her own then she runs away into the human world then she makes a request to stay her longer......ah and finally she brakes my windows!"
she puts the book down and comes near me. she looks me up and down picks up a pice of hair then lays it back down all the while she never looks away from my eyes. when she finally moves I let out a breath I had been holding.
"She's not......as awful as I thought."
i looked over to Benjamin was was studying his father who was watching us from a chair across the room.
"So! What can we do for you?"
His mom goes and sets down then points for us to set. I take the couch forcing Benjamin to set with me.
"Well we would like your ok to time travel."
"We? You mean you and her are going to go back in time....together? Why?"
i answered.
"It's always been a dream of mine to meet William Shakespeare and Benjamin here said he would take me as long as I promised to go to the upper world with out anymore problems."
"Well that was nice of him."
I looked over at him to see his eyes were still locked with his dads.
"Well then......why don't we ask his father what he thinks?"
She looked over at him and he broke eye contact with Benjamin and smiled at his wife.
"Well as long as she keeps her word."
"I will."
"Then it's fine Benjamin you know what to do go and get about......one hundred thousand pounds....so you have enough to look like your rich."
Benjamin nodded and stood up. I followed.
"Thank you all."
I bowed and we left. he grabbed my arm and pulled me to my room.
"That was awkward."
"Yea.....why was your dad looking at you like that?"
"Trying to see if I was hiding anything."
"Well did he find anything?"
he shrugged and sat on my bed.
"We need to leave though tonight."
"Tonight! Why so soon?"
"So they don't change there minds."
I sat down beside him.
"Thank you."
He smiled at me and took my hand.
"You wasn't serious when you......."
he blushed then started again.
"You wasn't serious when you said that you would be looking at other guys were you?"
"I don't know."
I smiled trying to hold in my laugh.
"You don't know?"
"Well I mean if there was cute guys then yea I would have looked but if not then nope I wouldn't have."
He frowned and grabbed my hand tighter.
"Ella.....your mine and that's final so don't be looking at any other guys unless you want me to cut there neck open."
He smiled as he stood up.
"And you should know I don't make threats that I can't or don't keep."
He walked out slamming the door behind him. I shivered as I thought about him killing someone. I went to the bathroom and took a long hot shower expecting it to be my last real one for a month when I got out the room was covered in steam and laying there was a dress. One of the maids must have brought it beside it was a note from Benjamin saying that I was to wear this dress tonight for when we went back in time. I picked it up holding it close to my body it was made of pure silk and was the color of my eyes I smiled as I put it on. I walked out Into my room and found Benjamin setting on my bed in his old clothes to he held out his hand there was a diamond necklace in it.
"Here."
He put it around my neck and before I could do anything he put a ring on my finger and not just any ring either it was an engagement ring.
"We have to pretend that we are married so they don't think Ill Of us for traveling together."
I looked down and saw that he had a ring on to.
"So we will buy more clothes and things like that when we get there."
"Ok....are we ready!"
He nodded and I slipped on my shoes that he had laying on the bed. he grabbed my arm and we made our way to the library. They handed us each a vial.
"Take this."
They made sure Benjamin had all the money and then they gave me a little purse that had some money in it and we drank the vials. my head started to feel heavy and I felt like I couldn't breath then everything went dark.