Chapter nine

I was mad. It had been a week since we found out what I was and there had only been talk about me leaving. they couldn't understand that I didn't want to go that I wanted to stay here with him. lately though he had been ignoring me he wouldn't talk to me or even look at me. and to make things worse this was the day of the ball. see after we found it rose wanted to throw this huge ball so she called everyone she knew and told them to be here and bring presents. the cover up for the ball was that it was Benjamin's best friends sisters birthday. I being the sister. so rose had gotten me a dress and shoes and jewelry and had even picked out hairstyles to try out. But she hadn't gotten me a date, not that it usually mattered but I mean I didn't want to look like a loner. Rose barged in to my room.
"Ella they moved the party up to today!"
"Why?"
"Something about a council meeting but we have to get started."
She grabbed my hand and pushed me down into a chair.

*Three hours later.*
I looked into the mirror and smiled. she had gotten me into a black sleeved dress that went to the floor. My red hair was in a curly bun that was right on top of my head and for my makeup she had done a black and gold smokey eye with cat eyes. I had on black hills finally I had a red ruby necklace and bracelet with ruby earrings. I looked mysterious. The clock chimed and noise filled the ballroom below us. I finally found the nerve to ask Rose something I'd been wanting to ask.
"Rose?"
"Yea?"
"Why is Benjamin being so distant? Did I make him and or something?"
"Oh that's just Benjamin."
"Oh."
She smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stairs. when we got to the top of the stairs a hush fell over the room and all eyes moved up toward us. I looked back to and Rose was already down the stairs in front of me. she smiled as I walked down the stairs being careful not to trip. When I reached the bottom of the stairs everyone bowed then went back to there business. Then Benjamin walked up to me.
"You look beautiful Ella."
"Thanks."
We where silent for a little while. I was to captivated by his eyes they where a dark gray almost black.
"I've been talking to the council members and they have decided that it would be best to send you away at the end of this week."
"What!"
He flinched at my loud cry.
"I don't want to go can't you understand that!"
Everyone was looking at us.
"Ella."
"No!"
My face began to heat up and my back started to hurt. I could feel myself changing and before I could stop it my wings burst out of my back. I looked at them and gasp they weren't angel wings the where dragon wings. Then it happened the ground started shaking under us.
"Ella calm down!"
"No not until you promise I don't have to go."
He looked down at the ground. he wouldn't do it he wouldn't promise to let me stay. I shook my head as I flew into the air. before I could process what was happening something grabbed me. I looked around and saw guards holding onto me.