CHAPTER 24 "Oh, I know."

*Alice's POV*

"Girls, come downstairs! Everyone is here." Mrs Evans calls out to us. I am sitting upstairs in Tess's room with her and Anna. We came over before our parents so we could sit together and chat for a while. This year, we are celebrating Christmas with us 4 families. Anna, Tess, mine and Shane's. After the accident, Mr Evans and Mrs Evans came to the hospital to visit the boys. They met there and they have been friends since. So, they decided to call them over as well.

We run downstairs to meet everyone and after having Shane stare at me for 2 minutes straight, while talking to the parents, I casually walk over to him and kick him to get him back into the present. That gets him into his senses and he quickly whispers to me, "You look smashing." "Oh, I know." I say, winking at him and making sure nobody notices it. But as usual, Anna does. She clears her throat before whispering what she saw to Tess. As she hears it, her eyes turn to me and a grin spreads across her face. They come over to where the three of us are sitting and Tess takes this as an opportunity, as always.

"Hello beloved people. Merry Christmas, y'all!" she comes over and hugs the boys and Anna and me, all at once. It kinda turns into a group hug and I laugh before saying, "What was that for?"

"Oh, I'm too lazy and hug everyone one by one. Who does that anymore, anyway?!"

"Umm... People, Tess. Normal people do that. But it's alright. You're not them." Sheldon mocks her and I anticipate a mini fight, as usual.

"Oh, I know." She says and winks at him before all of them start laughing their asses off. I roll my eyes at these clowns but I cannot help the smile that creeps on my face when I see them laughing like this.

We go back to talking, teasing, laughing, some more talking and some curse words (one cannot escape when there is Tessa and Anna in the crowd). The parents are sitting on the main couch and the sofas surrounding them while we are sitting at the corner of the room. We got the bean-bags from Tess's room downstairs so we could gang up in the corner and talk. So, it's Tess, Anna, me, Shane, Sheldon, Lucas (Tess's elder brother) and Lisa (Anna's sister).

As soon as Max and Lisa meet the boys, all of us got comfortable immediately. Max and Lisa are obviously on good terms with us already because we only hang around with each other like every two days. Time flies by as we have an amazing Christmas meal, all prepared by Mrs Evans. The woman is a culinary master, I swear to god. We all decide to head upstairs to Tess's room while Lucas goes into his room because he had some work to sort and Lisa stays back with the parents.

"What's the plan for 31st?" Tess sits down cross-legged, excitement clear on her face.

"I don't want to Hannah's place for the school party. The boys are so immature. All they do I get drunk and flirt with girls." I tell them.

"I agree. I'm not going there. That Casey guy is stalking me all the time at school anyway, I don't want to be stuck with drunk Casey at the party as well." Anna says.

"Okay. Cool. But where do we go?" Tessa says.

"Umm... guys? Why don't we spend new years' together? We could go have dinner some place nice and then Hailey is here for the holidays. She has invited us to his party. And you guys already know her. She wouldn't say no to you guys showing up." Shane suggests.

"Umm... are you serious?" I question.

"Why? What's wrong with her?"

"A, she is a jealous bitch who cannot get enough of Shane. B, she is Harry's twin and god no! I don't want to be around him when he is drunk. Please don't do that to me. It happened at the dorm party or whatever the hell that was. I don't want him flirting with me and raping me with his eyes one more night, for god's sake." Tessa says before resting her head on Sheldon's shoulder as if tired and I nod my head to agree with her. She has had even troubles with that jerk already, I don't want to put her through that when she is supposed to have fun.

"Oh, come on! I talked to her about that already. A, she isn't a jealous bitch who cannot get enough of me, we're just friends and B, I clearly warned her that if he comes anywhere near Tessa, or any of us, for the matter, I won't hold back from beating his ass up." Shane says.

"Besides, I am going to stay sober the whole time anyway because I'll be driving them home. So I'll stay there with you the whole time, I promise." Sheldon says looking at her.

"You know, Tess, we're all going to be there with you. But it's up to you. You make the final call." Anna says.

"Totally. If you don't feel comfortable, we'll find another place." I nod and tell her.

"Alright fine, we'll go." She simply says and smiles at us.

------------------

*Tessa's POV*

I am absolutely terrified at the thought of seeing Harry again. I just don't have it in me to bear to talk to him or even look at him again. I get out of my room and go into the lawn to catch a few minutes alone. It's cold outside, but I just need to calm my nerves. The white snow helps me clear my thoughts. Anything nature always does that to me.

"Hey! What's wrong?" I hear Sheldon come up to me and stand beside me.

"I'm scared."

"The party, you mean?"

"Yeah, what else."

"Don't worry, Tess. I'll be there with you the whole time."

"But... I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this Sheldon." I look up at him and finally speak my mind.

"Come here." He says and extends his arms. I cross the distance and walk into his arms. Immediately, he wraps his arms around me and I have never felt more safe and calm in my life.

"Tess, do you trust me?" he asks softly, with his chin on my head.

"Yes." I whisper.

"Then leave it up to me. I would turn the world upside down before I let him or anybody else get to you. Okay? So stop worrying."

"Thank you." I mumble quietly, not able to say anything else, overwhelmed by the amount of care he holds for me.

"Come on, you wanna go inside? It's cold outside."

"Hmm... just a minute, please."

"I can stay like this for the rest of my life if you want to, Tess. You don't have to say please." He says and laughs.

"Sounds like a plan." I whisper and he tightens his arms around me. This is officially the best moment of my life...

THANK YOU FOR READING. I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY AND A GREAT WEEK! VOTE AND COMMENT!