CHAPTER 34 "Will you be my girlfriend?"

*Shane's POV*

We step into the school that I have loved for such a long time, and I am instantly hit with nostalgia. Walking towards the sports arena, I pass all the hallways and classes and it brings back tons and tons of memories, it's amazing how much importance this place holds for me.

We walk into the gym room and I am taken aback by the amount of decorations surrounding me. I was told that the prom theme was 'Happily Ever After' and I figured it would be just random amateur decorations, not too different from the normal stuff; at least, that's what happened in my senior prom, but I way no way expecting this, at all!

It looked beautiful throughout from the big streamers and posters to the minute details like the grass carpets and fake cobble stones spread on the ground. I look at the wall behind the stage and I saw a beautiful cardboard castle there. That too, had great detailing and had I not been by the side of the stage and clearly been able to see the cardboard surface on the back, I might have just believed that it was real, because it looked almost life-like.

"This year's committee has really outdone themselves!" Sheldon said in awe. The girls look at each other with a satisfied smirk on their faces.

"Well, thank you!" Anna said.

"You were on the committee?" I asked.

"All of us were." Ali looked up at me and told me.

"How come we didn't know this?" Sheldon says and looks at the girls one by one, before turning to Tess as she says,

"Because if you knew, I was sure that your curious ass would keep asking me questions about the decorations and everything. And then, I wouldn't have been able to see your precious reactions. That's why." She concluded.

"Well, it's amazing. Great work!" I say and Sheldon agreed. I hear one of my favourite songs come up on the speakers. Seeing that we were fashionably late, the party was already in full swing. I saw many couples and groups dancing already. I told my friends to get the groove on and we ran to the dance floor. This song was pretty much a chill song so all of us were dancing in a loose circle, laughing and having the time of our lives.

----------------

*Tessa's POV*

I hear John Legend's 'All of me' start to play on the speakers and my eyes immediately roam to find Shane. I came down from the dance stage for a minute to catch a breath. I came back and I am not able to locate Sheldon now. I want to dance with him on this because it's a song both of us like a lot. It's our song.

I feel a hand snake it's way around my waist and I am instantly shocked because I don't like people touching me without permission. I am about to slap the hand away when I hear Sheldon's voice as he whispers in my ear before resting his head on my shoulder.

"Dance with me?"

"We already kind of are." I turn around in his arms and tell him. We sway from side to side, slowly, to the rhythm of the song. I rest my head near the crook of his neck and wrap my arms around his neck. Immediately, a sense of familiarity and security washes on me and I sigh with happiness.

'Cause all of me, loves all of me. Love your curves and all your edges, I love your perfect imperfections.'

Sheldon looks at me as John Legend soulfully pours his heart into the song and I look at him as I pour my feelings out to him from my eyes. I can see how happy he is, and it makes me so happy that I am the reason for that. All of a sudden, as the song ends, he pulls me away from the stage. I question him and he simply nods before going behind me and wrapping his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. I just love it when he does that, it gives me a sense of love and belonging. It cannot be explained in words, it just feels like home.

I lean my head back and kiss his cheeks before I turn around and see that even Anna, Shane and Ali came down the stage. Ali looks at us and says,

"What's going on? Why are we standing here?"

Sheldon smiles at Anna before saying,

"You'll see."

I see that Ben isn't here and I ask Anna as to where he is.

"He said he needed to see Jennie." Anna replies, equally confused as we are.

I see Ben get up on the stage and take the mic before making the music stop. The students on the dance floor groan and shout at this.

"Guys, sorry for stopping the music. I will only take two minutes of yours." He says and gets off the stage. He comes down and stands in the centre of the dance floor before looking around and starting to say,

"You see, Prom is all about Love. Almost all of us here, are here for our last prom and owing to that, almost all of you have already asked whoever you wanted to be with. I'm sure all of you are in a happy relationship with your significant other. Prom is the time where everyone professes their love to that one person and goes with them to Prom."

He looks at Anna and continues. I realise what is going on and I look at Sheldon to confirm it. He smiles at me before kissing my cheek and telling me to listen.

"But you see, as much as I try to be fearless, I am afraid of showing what I truly feel. I couldn't do it before. But I want to do it now. Because I know, that if I don't say it now, I'll regret it for a really long time. Anna, will you please come up here?"

Anna is shocked and not responding. As she is standing right beside me, I give her a little push and she comes into her senses and walks forward. She stands in front of her and as she does so, Ben goes down on one knee. The whole gasps in tune and Ben says into the mic,

"Anna, I really like you and I really feel that you are the most beautiful lady I ever laid my eyes on. So, Anna, will you be my girlfriend? Please?" he adds laughing.

Anna smiles before saying yes and I see him pull out a box that I saw in Sheldon's car. I gasp and realise that the twins were in on this and I smile at how sweet Ben is right now. Anna truly deserves to be happy and I am sure that Ben has the ability to do that. And if he maybe, by mistake, turns to his player ways, I can always go to his place and kick his ass. Won't take me too long, anyway.

Ben passes Anna the necklace he got for her, Sheldon tells me that it has today's date imprinted as a sign of this beginning and my heart melts at how thoughtful that is. The crowd cheers them to kiss, and they do! They come down the stage as the music resumes and everyone goes to their respective groups/partners. We hang out at the same spot for a while, before we decide to re-join the dance floor and we dance, laugh and make memories into the night...

THANK YOU FOR READING! I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY AND A GREAT WEEK. VOTE AND COMMENT!