•chapter four•

(quick a/n, I just noticed that Shiratorizawa has boarding so um yeah)

I was tossing the ball in the air, layed down on my bed, lost in thought.

"Earth to Maiko!" Chiyoko snatched the ball from me. Confused, for a second I just stared at her.

"Seriously, ever since you've come back from the camp you have started to zone out so frequently. The heck happened over there??" She sat on her chair with a towel around her neck.

"Back from your bath I see." I sit up.

"Were you thinking of Ushijima-kun?" She giggled.

My eyes widen.

"Wait, what?! What has that stone face done that you're so lost in thought?" She leaned forward, spinning the ball in her hand.

"He said he wanted to teach me his straight. I didn't want it to, but when he said that, after today's match...it had me feeling a little weird. Guys are nice to me all the time, I get it a lot"

"Psch we get it Ms. Popular,"

I shook my head and continued,"But Wakatoshi.... I guess I'm thinking way too much? I don't know. Anyways, did you finish your traditional Japanese homework?"

She dropped the ball along with her jaw, "No," she said in the smallest voice.

I got up, went to my table picked up my notebook and threw it in her face. She got down on the floor and bowed down completely.

"Oh would have I done without you dear Maiko-sama," she cried.

"My blessings are with you, child." Then I bent down and smacked her head, "Now get to work."

"How do you manage to complete your homework? I barely submit it in time. This one time I was doing my homework while Nakamoto-sensei was collecting it."

I laughed and answered, "Just do it right after practice! I'm still sweaty, but it's better to chill after  I've taken a bath. I can do anything I want."

"I sure can learn a thing from you, huh? Good thing we are roommates." She smiled.

Our door swung open. It was Shiori.

"Let's go eat, dinner y'all!" She cheered. Chiyoko looked at me with a defeated look. I smiled at her, got up and patted her back.

"Do it after dinner, get up." I pulled her.

Ushijima's pov

(First ushijima pov yall oof)

I stood in line for my food with the latest Shonen Jump in my hand. I couldn't read much of it because of practice and we had a lot of work in general.

"Nyoko! You little-" I heard someone familiar yelling from the other side of the cafeteria. To my left to be precise. 8 o'clock.

It was Maiko, with Adachi-chan beside her, both had their trays in their hands. The two of them laughing as they sat on a table with the other girls from the volleyball team.

"Wakatoshi-kun is lost in thought, huh?" Tendou rested his chin on my right shoulder, peeking at the comic in my hand. "Give it to me after you are done," I nodded, my gaze still at the girls' table.

"I see where your eyes are not in the book, but at Maiko-chan~" he sang. "What is it? You like her?" He grinned as he tried to make eye contact with me.

"No, the way she plays volleyball," I answered without second thought. Realised what I had just said, I shook my head and just quietly moved forward in the line and took my food.

"Ushijima!" I heard Semi call me, he pointed at an empty table, next to Maiko's. We all sat down and started to eat in silence.

"Eita," Maiko came to our table, hands in the pockets of her shorts smiled at all of us and diverted her attention to Semi. "Could you lend me your Physics notes for chapter 15? I couldn't really understand that chapter, I could really use some help,"

"I'm actually using Ushijima's. That chapter really is hard, huh?" Maiko stared at me, then looked back at Semi and then at the ground, as if in deep thought.

"Why don't we three study that chapter together then? I need help in English too, if you two don't mind,"

"Oooo study date," Tendou sang. In a split second, Maiko hit Tendou's head. "Just study," she put her hands on her hips, with the slightest pout in her face.

Hn. Cute.

"I'm okay with it. Tomorrow is a Saturday anyways, so we'll meet at 10am and go in the library?" I suggested.

"Sure, I'll see you two then! Good night boys!" She went back to her table and finished her food.

"Ushijima, your food's getting cold," Semi said with a spoon of curry and rice near my mouth. I looked at him in confusion.

"Eat," he said sternly. I opened my mouth and ate the contents of the spoon.

"KYAAA!!!" All of us jumped and we saw, behind us three girls with nosebleeds.

"Oh god,"