•chapter twenty-nine•

(just a heads up this is the last arc of this book.....•́  ‿ ,•̀)

"I'll be back before you know it, Toshi. I'll be back with victory strutting like bitch okay?" I hugged him tightly.

"Yes, you better. Show that Watanabe bitch who's boss."

"Did you just swear?" I look up at him.

"I swear all the time. Just not to people's faces. Only Tendou and you."

"Whatever, we're going off track. I'll call you at night you better pick up, or else..." He smiled, "I will, don't worry. You have to wake up early tomorrow. Go and sleep. Before that check your bag okay? Keep your volleyball shoes in the outer pockets. Put your towel, do you know people forget towels a lot-"

I cut him off with a peck on his lips.

"You're cute when you are concerned like this." He pecked me, "Of course. You are carrying the pride of Shiratorizawa with you. Along with mine. You should be as prepared as you can be!"

"Okay okay, I get it." I pulled him down and kissed him. It was a matter of a few days, but I knew I was going to miss him.

I waved him goodbye with a little emptiness in my heart and went to bed after checking my luggage one last time. It was finally time to go for the nationals and I couldn't be less excited.

We left Shiratorizawa by 4:30 in the morning. Throughout the train ride to Tokyo, Shiori, Nyoko and I were K.O. It took a lot of yelling to wake us up.

Though I've been to Tokyo a few times, the city never seems to get boring. It always excites me so much to buzz by the skyline. My face was stuck to the window the whole time. I wanted to make this my city. I wanted to live here.

We got off in front of a pretty decent hotel. Shiratorizawa always ensuring the best for it's students. As usual, Shiori, Nyoko and I got a room together. We dropped off our stuff and quickly changed into our jerseys and went back down to head to the arena for the opening ceremony.

Author pov

It was intimidating Shiratorizawa time. As soon as they got off the bus, just like last time their aura changed. Coach Haruno started to talk to some old people who might be other teams' coaches. She told the girls to wait in the main area as the other teams were there as well. Eiichi was with them as they stood in the hall.

"It's Shiratorizawa again huh?"

"I heard the boys lost!"

"What? We don't have to play against Ushiwaka this time?!"

"Yep. But I heard Karasuno has gotten a lot more stronger."

"I'll just take a round. Ill be back in a minute," Maiko told her team as she wandered around. She saw a familiar raven and spiky haired boy in a red jersey. She speed walked and hit the boy's back as hard as she could.

"Well well if it isn't the old Tetsuro." She patted the place she hit. Kuroo hissed in pain.

"I'm trying to be cool over here, Koba. Don't ruin my reputation!"

"I never thought you were cool, Kuroo-san."

Maiko turned to her right to find Daichi awkwardly staring at both of them.

"Ah, Karasuno, sorry if I interrupted anything."

"Oh no not at all," Daichi waved his hands fervently, "You two seem really close..."

"We are yes," Kuroo put his arm around Maiko's shoulder. Maiko held his arm tightly, "If you do anything, you won't be able to play," she said through a closed jaw.