𝕆𝕟𝕖♡

Hi! For those who don't know, this book is based off the new anime The Millionaire Detective: Balance unlimited. Or, Fugo Keiji: Balance Unlimited. So enjoy! ;3

---------

My name is (Y/N) (L/N).

I work with my brother Kato Haru in the Modern Crime Prevention Task Force.

Honestly, it was always my dream to do something like this In the future. Even if it doesn't pay TOO much.

Oh, speaking of which...

"Hey everyone." Haru said, said coming in through the door.

Weird noises were heard from Kamei's computer. I flushed red.

"Uh, it's just an ad!" He reassured, making my calm down. My brother sat in the chair next to him.

"The guys in the First Division are in a flurry. You heard anything?" He asked boredly. Kamei denies it, and the phone rings.

"Hello Modern crimes force.....yes I understand." My brother hangs up the phone and turned to our chief.

"Chief, the Security department says they are short on manpower, so they would like a couple of us as back up for the Classic Car festival in Ginza." He explained.

"Alright, I'll leave it up to you." Chief says.

"I need a few more people." He turns to me and I give him a thumbs up, making him smile a bit. He turns to Kamei.

"Kamei."

"Oh, no. I just found a website and can't overlook it-"

"I hear Motoyama from security has been deployed as well." I cut in.

"Saachan is!? Let's go guys!" He runs to grab his coat making me giggle.

Haru sighs and flashes me a thankful look. I smirk and stick my tongue out in return.

--Time Skip brought to you by Daisuke's beauty--

"I hear the First Division guys drink at a pretty nice place around here. Oh that reminds me, you two used to be in the First Divison-"

Kamei gets cut off by Haru immediately stepping on the breaks, causing him and me to lean forward.

"H-Haru..." I mutter.

"Sorry."

"What's that? Looks interesting." I say, trying to steer the awkwardness.

"It's not a car someone with a respectable job would drive." Haru answered. He keeps his eyes glued on the road ahead while I stare transfixed at the beautiful black ride. Whoever owns that must be pretty wealthy though.

My eyes flash through the window as we passed, and I see a man with slick black hair and a slender handsome face with a blank look. He turns to me catching my gaze, making my cheeks heat up. I turn back straight.

I swear, I could see the tiniest tug of a smile on his cold face....

"Man, where getting worked to the bone with cheap pay and their riding cars like these?" Kamie complains. I sigh quietly.

"Money isn't everything. We're doing this for justice." Haru explains.

"He's right, you know." I add. Kamei tsks.

"You two are so stubborn. Is that why they booted you from Firet Division?" Kamei asks.

"What was that?" We say simultaneously.

"Huh?" I mumble as a car passed by.

"Those are First Division guys!"