Phone Call

ZACHARY (POV)

She said what?!

Is this for real?! 

I could even blink my eyes and yet I could see how her eyes gleams in her surprise. I still keep myself thinking this was a part of her joke. But seeing her like this makes me think that it was a real thing.

In our years of our friendship there were times that I could imagine her in my life being as my girlfriend. It wouldn't be hard for me to cope in that relationship but there are some things that we need to consider that might we end up like strangers if things didn't work out a we want.

I just don't want to lose her.

I do really need Daphne in my life.

Unlike the other girls that I met. Shes different. This bond that we have is unexplained. And losing a part her before was like I'm missing something within me. A hole that cant be replace by anyone else.

Kahit na nasa buhay ko si Scarlett nuon at nakikita ko parang malamig na ang turingan namin ni Daphne nuon, hindi ko pa rin maiwasan na hanapin pa din sya.

But still I want the best for her-

I want to always at her side. Its way too cold whenever im alone but every time I see Daphne. I could feel her warm presence in me. She gave me every single pieces of fun that I used to enjoyed since we were highschool. A careless, thrilling times that we shared before- and most of all this time.

I do really want her-

I intended to kiss her again. planned to move closer to her but she quickly singly punch my chest. I was suddenly wake up my senses.

"Joke lang yun ikaw naman!-" sabay ng tawa nya ng malakas. "A...ano ka ba! binibiro lang kita, affected ka naman sa acting ko!-" natatawang biro nya.

I rapidly blinked my eyes and grabbed myself from our present state. I couldn't even smile nor reply with her prank. I just stare at her for a second while I was trying to focus for any good reply.

Her looked at me puzzled "Z..zach- a...re you okay?!-" her tone was soft. Her breathing accelerates.

I breathe out and smiled. "Y...yeah-" I distance myself from her. What am I thinking? was I suppose to say something from that? What if something happen?!

She smiles back " W...ell I should be working right now-" She lightly tap my shoulder signaling me to move while she stood up and went to her work.

I stared at her for a moment looking at her blank expression after that. I sensed that I should make a move for apologizing but for what?!

I found myself guilty for no apparent reason. What should I do? Para kasing may mali pero hindi malinaw sa akin kung bakit kahit na sinabi nyang joke yun. I could memorize the detail of her face when she looked at me and telling me about her 'prank'.

Damn- how badly I do really want to kiss her- hard.

After I brush my teeth. I saw her outside the comfort room. And for a second I feel something within me. A sudden urge of heat rushed in my veins. I knew that I cant stay long staring at her like that but at that moment. I want to pushed her at her bed, grabbing that towel that cover her naked body and smelling her lovely smooth skin. Making her mine- again.

A sound of my cellphone wakes me up from my fantasy. and its my mom!

I hurriedly answer her call "M...mommy-"

"Zachary, anak! kamusta ka na?!-" hindi mawala sa boses nya ang pananabik.

Napangiti ako "Okay naman po ako. Kamusta na rin po kayo nila kuya dyan?-"