A Sequel

DAPHNE (POV)

Nagising ako sa alarm clock ng cellphone ko. Dahan dahan akong bumangon at nakita sa paanan ng kama ang mga damit namin ni Zach. Napatingin ako sa gawi nya at nakita kong mahimbing syang nakatulog habang ang isang kamay nya ay nakapatong sa tyan ko.

Hindi ko maiwasan mag init ang pisngi ko at mapangiti ng bigla ko maalala ang sinabi nya sa aki kagabi pati na rin ang pag buhat nya at dalin dito sa kwarto ko.

He's such a lover-

I breathe out.

I want you to love me-

Darn- why did I say that?! I feel humiliated and embarrassed at the same time. I just don't know why I blurted out my feelings to him but thankfully I managed to escape from it.

I retreat myself from him and carefully stood up. Pick my there.

I stopped myself at convenient store then I bought some light breakfast. Ayoko kasi magising si Zach sa pagkilos ko. Ayoko madatnan nya ako dahil sa hiya na nasabi ko sa kanya kahapon.

Hindi pa ako nakaka recover sa sinabi ko sa kanya. By looking at him at that time, he was surprise yet a blank expression that makes me think that he doesn't like the idea of getting it seriously. It breaks my heart a little and wakes me in reality that he doesn't like me.

Kahit ano pa aliw ang ginagawa ko sa sarili ko. Parang na replay ng kusa sa isip ko ang pangyayaring yun. Pero sa isang banda-

May kahulugan kaya ang nangyari sa amin kagabi?

Yun mga sinabi nya sa akin?

I don't know if I should think something more of that. I'm confused. And I don't want to talk to Zach regarding this.

Nabigla at natuwa si Louise sa maaga kong pagpunta sa kanya. Himala daw na nakapunta ako sa kanya ng maaga. And she told me that she would like to discuss me a very important thing regarding my novel.

"As you could see- Im really impressed in your improvement. About the sales sa novel mo paunti unti nakakabawi sa sales. And I congratulate you for that-" she smiled.

Kahit paano naibsan nito ang nararamdaman ko "S...salamat po mam-" mangiti ngiti kong sabi.

"And I would like you to discuss a very important thing to you- its about your novel." she formally said.

Inihanda ko ang sarili ko "Y...yes mam-"

She breathe out "Napag meetingan namin mabuti kung maari ay magkaroon ito ng sequel-"

"A...a sequel po?-" para akong nabingi sa sinabi nya.

"Yes. Cliffhanger ang end ng novel mo. And most of the readers want something more-" She cut out and face me "-Look I don't want to pressure you pero, but think of the possibility that this will be your big comeback. If I were you, I wouldn't miss this opportunity." she said.

A sequel!- A comeback!- My dream!- This all happening. Its like a wish list! Damn it! Its too much information that I cant comprehend because of the excitement that I felt!

"D..daphne- can you do that?-" Louise cut out.

I snapped. Looking at her with full of determination "Yes mam. I can do that. I...I will never bring you down. And-" pinipilit kong wag maluha dahil sa tuwa nararamdaman ko "-and thank you for the opportunity-" i formally said.

"Goodluck. And Ill be expecting you more Ms. Bustamante." she said.

A ring from her desk phone broke our moment. She quickly answered a call from her secretary "Y..yes-" She answered.