Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning with the strange intuition that I was being watched. Stretching, I glanced around the room, making brief eye contact with Pansy Parkinson who scowled.

"Would you look at that, the muggle didn't die in her sleep," she spat.

I tied back my hair and smiled lazily. "Isn't it unfortunate?"

She did not answer. Millicent Bulstrode, on the other hand, refused to look my way. 

Both were already dressed, so I grabbed the clothes laid out on the chair by my bed and rushed to the bathroom. Once dressed, I admired myself in the mirror, tying up my hair. I wasn't necessarily fond of skirts, but this one reached my knees and was a dark gray colour. The socks I was given were the same colour. It went well with the white blouse and green tie I was given. 

My favourite part of the outfit, however, was definitely the cloak. I had to exercise a lot of self control to stop myself from laughing and twirling around. The only downside was the shoes. They were stiff and tight, not good at all for running around. 

When I left the bathroom, the room I shared with the two other girls was empty. I brushed my fingers against the green and silver bedspread before sighing, knowing I would have to go through the Slytherin common room to reach the hallway. Scaring my shoulders and composing a neutral expression, I pushed open the dormitory doors and descended the steps that led to the common room. 

For as long as possible, I ignored the students lounging on black couches or carved chairs and focused on the splendid decor. I had to admit that the Slytherins had good taste. A fire crackled in an elaboratly sculpted mantle, giving the room an aura of mystery. The low-ceiling room was framed by rough stone walls, decorated by green tapestries and furnished with dark wood cupboards. Everything in the room seemed to glow in a green light, courtesy of the chandeliers. 

Carefully observing the bulletin board to memorize the password needed to enter the common room from the hallway, my stare lingered towards the large windows which displayed the underwater scenery of the lake in front of Hogwarts.

"Hey Collins," grumbled a dark haired boy.

I raised an eyebrow, showing him I was listening.

"Be at the Quidditch pitch at five," he growled. "I'm only doing this because I'll be able to skip Herbology, muggle."

It was getting quite clear that the word muggle was an insult. I nodded sharply. I could assume that the boy who, it seems, could not speak clearly, was Urquhart, the quidditch captain. Well well well, it seems Severus had kept his word. I left the common room without a sound.

It did not take long to arrive in the dining room, considering how hungry I was. I followed the scent of freshly baked bread and fried bacon. 

Bracing myself for the stares, I walked through the large doors.

Students were sitting in small groups, separated by their houses. Knowing I was not welcomed at the Slytherin table (Yet. I wasn't going to give up that easily), I spotted Luna and Ginny, sitting with other Gryffindors. If Luna, a Ravenclaw, was sitting with them, there wouldn't be any objections if I joined them.

"Good morning," I said, sitting down by Luna, who smiled.

"I hope those Slytherins didn't give you too much trouble," Ginny grimaced. "It's a shame you weren't sorted into Gryffindor."

"Oh she's a Slytherin alright," sneered the red-headed boy seated by Ginny. 

I pursed my lips, recognising the boy I had followed in London. How inconvenient. 

𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥?
〚𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢