Chapter 35

Aren't I in a wonderful situation. 

Now, to top the worries caused by a wizard who wanted to reach immortality and the stress of exams, I was fretting over how I was supposed to act around Draco. 

It didn't feel... official, I suppose. Or perhaps it was because I had no idea what to expect. Our everyday interactions remained the same but... I felt different. I felt as if I was actually allowed to check him out, or smile when our eyes met across the room. 

I had made the first move, now, I waited to see how he would react. 

So when he pulled me close at the end of the day, I didn't resist, settling comfortably against him. 

I pulled out one of my notebooks with a sigh, knowing that the NEWTs were approaching at a very fast pace.

"The way you organize your notes is adorable," smirked Draco, reading over my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "A system is necessary if I do not want to lose my sanity."

"My mother would say the same thing," he said, his eyes reflecting his affection for her. "You have no idea how difficult it is to navigate our house when she decides to reorganize the library."

"Mine panics as soon as something is out of place," I smile, reminded of the neatness of her house. "She picks up after my father and it drives him crazy. He never knows where his things will end up."

As we talked, I forgot about my intent of studying. We shared memories, bouncing remarks back and forth between us until we had no idea how we ended up on a certain topic. 

The conversation was beautifully chaotic, interrupted by laughter and occasional banter. We listened to each other as if nothing else mattered, forgetting about what was happening around us and getting lost in the moment. 

And it felt good. 

Our conversations weren't merely words. We were relaxed, perfectly comfortable against each other, with soft smiles that translated more than words ever could. I felt as if our new relation actually had a chance. As if I could love him. 

At some point, when we could no longer keep our eyes from closing, we fell asleep on the couch, not even considering the option of going back to our room. 

But as his breathing hitched every time his tattoo burned, turning darker by the minute, I took a decision that had a high probability of back firing. 

I let a sliver of emotions enter my mind, leaving it more or less vulnerable to Voldemort's attacks. As dreams filled with shadows threatened to take over, I followed the source of the dream. 

If he was able to breach my mind, there must be a way for me to breach his. 

Disoriented, I found myself projected out of my body, seeing through eyes that were most definitely not mine. 

If you ever are given the option to visit someone else's mind, decline, trust me on this one.

Unless, of course, you enjoy the feeling of being compressed into a body that isn't yours, countless words with no significance going through your mind and giving you the feeling that your head is being split in half.

"Dumbledore is leaving tonight. Hogwarts' defense will be weakened, only a small group will be invading," I said, my words sounding like the bitter croaks of a man that had died and came back to life.

I forced my panic under control, knowing that any outburst would be enough to signal my presence. 

My gaze swept around the table where I was seated, surrounded by a dozen hooded wizards and witches. 

𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥?
〚𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢