Chapter 24 School Festivities

***Um so, shit's about to get wild is all I'm gonna say but I love this chapter, it was a lot of fun to write. Side note though, I've had a lot of chapters stockpiled after NaNoWriMo and I was starting to catch up cuz uh... I haven't written... almost at all... since then... BUT! Yesterday I suddenly had a bit of inspiration on where to go with the chapter I had been stuck on so... y'all are safe for now basically XD I'll be updating again next week, I hope you guys are staying safe and occupied. Enjoy the chapter <3***

When the bell rang for lunch I realized I forgot to bring a lunch with me today but I found some spare change at the bottom of my bag. When I went to the caf though is when I was reminded what kind of school I was in. There were professional chefs making sushi and I heard people ordering filet mignon and other foods I had never actually seen but only heard of before. Suffice to say I walked out the minute I walked in, I didn't think my four dollars and twenty seven cents were going to get me anything from there.

I decided to go to the photography club room since it looked like I wasn't going to be sitting down to eat anything. I was definitely going to avoid using my abilities today, at this rate I was barely going to have enough energy just to stay awake for the rest of the day. It was overcast today so when I walked it it wasn't as bright as usual, a couple of the desk lights were on with a few club members hunched over working on the publication for tomorrow. Desks were generally just used by whoever, but there were places that were mainly used for certain tasks. By no surprise, I have found myself around the table filled with photos most of the time.

I walked over to it and looked through the photos that were there. I understand why they needed a photographer. I'm not a professional by any means but knowing all the capabilities of your camera dose solve a lot of the problems that I see in these pictures. There's a few that are just a little bit out of focus, enough that you notice it. Others are to dark, some are the right exposure but the shutter speed is to slow so of course you can't see anything properly. These problems can happen while you're adjusting the camera and taking practice pictures of course. But at some point you should have your settings alined for the scene and get at least a few usable photos to chose from. Seeing that these were printed though, I imagine these may have been the best of them.

I sat down at the desk and turned on my camera. I hadn't emptied the SD card since the last time I used it, I couldn't even remember what was on here. The screen lit up and I clicked on the archive of photos. I was fourteen when I got this camera, I had been using one of Mike's old ones for a few years at that point and my uncle and dad pitched in to get me a real, really nice camera. It was my birthday/Christmas gift and it was amazing. It took me a while to learn how to use it but gods did I ever have fun taking pictures of Mike and my dad when they didn't want me to. I found myself skipping though to find them. I didn't even realize that I was smiling when I found one, it was uncle mike brushing his teeth, some of the toothpaste and spit running down the corner of his mouth. He wanted me to delete it but evidently I didn't.

I flipped though a few more. My dad used to just leave the door open sometimes when he would go to the bathroom so you could just be minding your business walking to the living room and then bam, there he was. So I started taking pictures of whenever he would do that and eventually he started to keep the door shut. I was such a brat, but also I think most people can agree that they'd rather not watch their parents taking a dump.

I flipped through some more photos until I landed on a few that my uncle took of me. My stomach twisted a bit and I couldn't quite explain how I felt. I had a long bob and my wavy hair was all puffed out and I had passed out on the couch after a movie night we had. I think I was ether fifteen or fourteen at the time but, I remember how I was feeling back then. I had started to wear oversized shirts and pants because my relationship with my body was getting... complicated. I wasn't happy, and I didn't completely understand why... though I had an idea I didn't have the words just yet. I sighed and closed the camera. I needed to empty these onto a hardrive at some point so I don't risk running out of room with whatever Elis wants me to take pictures of next. Oh, wait, crap.