Violet

It wasn't where I expected to be after everything that happened. But there I was standing on Saint's porch, pounding away because I knew he was in there. And I wanted to talk to him.

It took another minute, but he opened the door.

"What?" He was such a smug son of a bitch.

"I need to talk to you."

He closed the door so his mother didn't overhear whatever I was about to say. Yeah, he still lived in his mother's house.

"What do you want, Violet?" He acted like he didn't have a minute to spare.

"Can we please go someplace warm?" I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering.

He yanked his keys out of his jeans and hurried down the stairs.

"Is this good enough for you?"

I opened the door to his jeep and climbed in on the passenger side. He got in on his side and started up the car, turning the heat on.

"Yes. This is better." I rubbed my hands together. And then I slapped him right in the chest. "What the hell, Saint?"

"What the fuck was that for?"

"Why are you like this?"

"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about right now, Vi."

"The sex tape." I pursed my lips, waiting for him to say something.

"You're mad at me because Wilder let two girls suck him off?" There was no remorse in his eyes. "Or are you mad because it wasn't you doing it?"

I glared at him. "You're a horrible excuse for a friend."

He shook his head.

It angered me that Saint didn't know how to be a good person. I didn't have the best life growing up, and I wasn't an asshole.

"I want you to take the video down. Wilder has enough on his plate."

I don't know what drove me even to demand this. But I did, and I was there.

Wilder didn't need this right now.

And I cared about him and wanted to fix all his problems any way I could. Wilder was sitting at the hospital on Christmas Eve. His mother was dead, and his brother thankfully was alive after what Silas did to him.

"The entire time I was up there, his phone was going off over and over because of that stupid video you posted."

Saint sat back in his seat. "I'll tell you what." He started undoing his belt. "Suck my dick, and I'll remove it."

I could feel the bile rising in my throat. I jerked away from him. "You're a fucking asshole!"

I didn't want to be there anymore. I felt dirty, the same way I felt a long time ago when I was young, all alone with Tom. Tom's smile was flashing through my mind repeatedly.

Saint went for my face, and I jumped. He was not going to touch me.

"What's wrong, Vi? You don't want to take one for the team?"

I fumbled around for the door handle, and when I got it open, I practically fell on my face getting out. I pulled it together and ran down the sidewalk getting as far away from Saint as I could get.

I grabbed my throat trying to breathe. I felt like I was choking. Like someone was suffocating me. I shook my head.

"What the hell was I thinking?" I muttered to myself at the top of my porch steps.