Violet

Everyone at the table was laughing and having a good time. Except me because Wilder texted me. I set my playing cards down and picked up my phone.

"What's that?" Kat asked she was sitting next to me. And she was the reason behind the game night in our apartment. She welcomed me back with hugs and gossip about everything that happened back home.

And when I told her how horrible my holiday was, she cried right along with me and promised she would do whatever needed to be done to help me recover from such an awful time.

Kat knew everything, and it was easy to talk to her about how I felt. And her friends weren't assholes. I felt welcome, and I finally fit in. It was nice and made it way easier to forget about Wilder.

But now that he texted me all the happiness I was feeling melted away, and I just felt terrible.

"Wilder is apologizing," I said, rolling my eyes.

She leaned close so she could read for herself. "At least he's sincere."

I set my phone back down and picked up my cards. "I don't know what to say."

Kat set her cards down and stood up. "Guys, we'll be right back."

Crystal gave a thumbs up, and Monica smiled. And they quickly went back to talking about makeup tutorials they watched on YouTube. Crystal was a tiny Asian girl with a love for Instagram and the latest fashion. And Monica was very similar to Kat besides the blonde hair and small tits. She wore black boots with short skirts and even had a septum piercing. The three of them together made sense.

Kat took me into her room and sat down on her bed. She patted the spot next to her, and I sat down, making myself at home amongst her squishy pillows shaped like unicorns and cats and her polka dot comforter.

"There's a lot of parts to this mess," she started. "First, let's discuss the sex."

There was no sex. But I got where Kat was going. "I'm not that upset about the blow job. I'm more upset with his attitude right after. He was so quick to tell me to get lost. It makes me feel like none of it mattered to him. Like I was just another girl."

Kat rubbed the spot between her eyebrows. "That's not the case. I can tell Wilder is into you. So, let's chalk that up to the situation. He was stressed, and he lashed out at you. Guys do that. They shut down when things get hard. Even when their dicks get hard."

"He shut down for sure," I agreed.

"You sucking his dick was the best thing that ever happened to him. And I promise you he will never forget it."

So, sex wasn't the issue. That wasn't bothering me anymore. What Kat said made sense. I could accept he was lashing out at the world.

"Now, for the hard one." She blew air through her red lips. "Your stepfather and what he said about what happened."

I nodded. It never got more comfortable to talk about it with anyone.

"It was fucked up. Wilder is an asshole for saying shit like that to you. But he knows he was wrong, and he did say sorry."

"I know. It just wasn't anything I ever imagined him bringing up like that." It was cruel and heartless, things that Wilder never was.

She touched my hand. "If you forgive him then tell him. Don't let this be the end of the two of you. I only have seen you guys together one time, and I know you both love each other."

I looked away. That was so hard to admit out loud to other people. "What would you say?"

Kat dropped back on her bed, her hands resting on her stomach, and she studied the ceiling. "I'd say if you're sorry, you should come prove it."

I laughed and dropped down on the bed beside her. Her ceilings had little glow in the dark stars on it. I imagined every night before she fell asleep, she probably wished on them.

"And what if he does? Then what?"

She grabbed my hand, and lifted it. "Then you guys have some hot make up sex."

My cheeks were on fire just talking about it. Kat was a professional sex expert. She oozed sex and confidence. She was the kind of girl who took what she wanted. She didn't walk by a table of guys and drop her gaze like I did. She looked at them all dead in the eye and gave them her demure little pout.

"Okay. Okay. I'll do it." I ran and got my phone off the table and came back in diving on her bed.

If you're really sorry you should come prove it.

I hit send and covered my face with one of her pillows. "Oh my god. This is going to be so bad."

She slapped me on the ass. "Or so very good."