05

{Thinking is Dangerous}

_______________

"You want me to stay away from Taehyung?"

Jimin nods.

"Not happening, Chim," Jeongguk states, earning a groan from the elder. The two boys are on their way to the lunchroom, lunchboxes in hand. It's an unsaid agreement that they walk at a slower pace than normal in order to discuss some things that they can't talk about around the other boys.

"Please listen to me on this Gukkie. He's not a good influence. He's the reason you're acting out all of a sudden."

"Why is it when I do something I want I'm 'acting out?' It's not his fault. Why can't I be doing something simply because I want to?" Jeongguk explains with a sigh.

Jimin's eyes widen and he clears his throat lightly. "Oh um... y-you want to?"

Jeongguk's eyes widen as well when he realizes what he just said. "I-I don't know. But the fact is, it's not Tae's fault! He just told me the truth that I've been ignoring."

"And what is that truth?"

"That I don't live for myself," Jeongguk says. "I'm a goody-two-shoes. That's what everyone wants me to be, but what if that's not what I'm actually like?"

"Gukkie, you're just a good kid. There's nothing wrong with that."

Jeongguk snickers and stops walking dead in his tracks. "So you're allowed to want to misbehave, but I'm not?"

"Gukkie," Jimin sighs.

"No," the younger pouts, crossing his arms. "I can do what I want, too!"

Jimin chuckles and continues walking. "You're right."

"I know I am." The two are still giggling as they sit down at the lunch table. They sit across from each other again, Jeongguk cursing under his breath.

And Jeongguk never curses.

"Jeongguk!" Namjoon calls. "Are you good?"

"Yeah! What happened in chapel?" Hobi pops into question.

"I-I'm fine," Jeongguk says softly, looking down at his food.

"Are you sure bro?" Namjoon asks, to which Jeongguk gives a tight lipped smile and nods. He looks up at Jimin, who gives him a sweet smile of assurance, and it makes him feel better. Jeongguk feels his cheeks heat up and quickly looks back down, a warm feeling in his stomach.

Butterflies.

"May I?" a deep voice says smoothly, and Jeongguk looks up to see Taehyung standing next to him, looking right at Jimin.

Jimin sighs, slightly rolling his eyes as he nods reluctantly. Taehyung offers a smile as he takes his seat beside Jeongguk. The three boys remain silent, listening to the other four boys holler and talk about a bunch of random shit. Taehyung can feel how awkward the two are being and after a while he rolls his eyes.

"Alright, this is ridiculous," he says, catching the attention of both Jimin and Jeongguk. "Why aren't you two talking? Do you not want me here?"

Jeongguk turns to look at Jimin, who sighs before speaking up. "Do you want to hang out with us after school?"

Not only is Taehyung surprised by the sudden invitation, but Jeongguk almost spits out his banana milk from shock.

"W-What?" Taehyung says once his brain began functioning again. "Really?"