28

{Dine & Wine}

_______________

Outfit References:

Jeongguk looks over himself in the full-body mirror for the nth time

Jeongguk looks over himself in the full-body mirror for the nth time. He's switched outfits and adjusted probably hundreds of times at this point. He's never felt more anxious.

But it's not a bad anxious.

He tucks his striped shirt into his jeans, just a little neater. He didn't really know whether he was supposed to be casual or fancy, so he chose in between, tossing a dark blue blazer over his shoulders. His black belt is pulled tight, accentuating his waist, and he grins at his reflection.

After collecting his things, he skips down the stairs, yelling his casual "I'm leaving now," over his shoulder.

"Why are you all dressed up?" his mother asks, stepping into the living room from the kitchen. "I thought you were just going to hang out at Taehyung's."

"We're going out to eat," Jeongguk says, but every millisecond of silence causes his anxiety to grow, and he worries that it's too suspicious— friends going out to a nice dinner. "T-To celebrate. You know, with senior night tonight and all that. We're getting dinner before the game."

Out of the corner of his eye, Jeongguk sees his dad sitting at the table, obviously listening, but seeming completely uninterested.

Relief washes over him when his mom finally smiles. "Oh, that sounds nice. Have fun then!"

"Don't eat anything unhealthy before the game, son!" is all his dad says.

Jeongguk mindlessly agrees as his mother kisses his cheeks. "See you guys at the game," he mumbles, putting on his signature fake smile as he walks out the door.

Now, if there's one thing Jeongguk has a lot of tonight, it's expectations.

Jimin and Taehyung are so flawlessly beautiful, both with their unique flare and charisma that make them exactly who they are. They don't try to be someone they're not. The confidence practically radiates off of them, even when they do the most trivial things.

Jeongguk wants to meet their standards. He dresses to impress— always has. Shirt tucked in tight, hair parted perfectly, small amount of makeup to cover little imperfections.

Some things never change.

Sometimes, Jimin and Taehyung find themselves wondering if Jeongguk's strive to perfection is something about him that will never go away.

So yes, you can say Jeongguk's expectations are high. He always has high expectations for the two older boys because he thinks so much of them.

Yet, no matter how high he sets the bar, Jimin and Taehyung always breeze by it like it's dirt on the ground. They always manage to blow him away, and Jeongguk feels at a lose for words.