27

{The Secret's Out}

_______________

A silence falls over them, all eyes shifting around in terror. A pin could drop and it would resemble a boulder crashing to the ground.

Jeongguk feels frozen.

Just a minute ago, he was full of bliss and joy, but now... he's terrified.

Namjoon's mouth opens and closes repeatedly, words never coming out completely. He looks in utter shock, understandably. Jimin scrambles to his feet and walks up to him, while Jeongguk just wants to curl into himself.

Namjoon just saw them.

He saw them kissing. He saw them all together.

He knows.

Jeongguk feels his heart beating, heavy in his chest. He can't escape this.

"I-I'm sorry," Namjoon finally manages to get out, rather awkwardly. "I was just wondering if you guys um... well we're all going uh... um I'm sorry. I'll go."

He turns to leave, but Jimin grabs his arm, eyes breaking pleadingly. "Wait. You won't tell anyone, right?"

Namjoon, who is still in an obvious state of confusion, gulps, but his eyes soften at how scared the younger boys look. "Of course I won't."

The second the door closes behind Namjoon, Jimin takes a deep breath, head dropping in relief. Jeongguk sits up, knees to his chest and face hidden in his hands. His breathing becomes uneven, heavy.

"Baby," Taehyung comforts, wrapping his arms around the boy. "It's okay. Please don't panic."

"He's not gonna tell anyone," Jimin adds, and Jeongguk feels him wrap around his calves.

Jeongguk shakes his head, where it's now hidden between his knees. Taehyung brushes his hair back, soothing him with a soft kiss to his temple.

And god, Jeongguk both loves and hates how at ease he feels just by a simple kiss.

"I-It's not that," he whimpers. He doesn't see the look Jimin and Taehyung share over his shoulders.

"What is it, bun?"

"W-We... We just started dating. And someone already found out?"

"It'll be okay—"

"We don't know that!"

"Well what do you want?" Jimin snaps suddenly, Jeongguk whipping his head up. "Jeongguk, we can't promise that people won't find out. Yeah, we can be as careful as possible and try to keep it a secret, but none of us can guarantee it will stay a secret. That's just a risk we're going to have to take."

Hiding his face back in his knees, Jeongguk nods. He knew someone was bound to find out. At least it was Namjoon, and not someone else.

"I hate to say it," Taehyung says, "but Jimin's right, for once."

You can guess he gets slapped for that.

But he smiles anyways, because it made the other two smile. That's all that matters.

Jeongguk sniffles as he leans up, seeming to have gotten control over his anxiety. "Well we need to be more careful anyways. Not only did Namjoon find out, but Yiren said that Aisha is onto us as well."

"Seriously?"

"The bitch?"

Jimin rolls his eyes, plopping back to lay on the bed. "She's literally obsessed with Gukkie. We should definitely be careful around her."