3. A Mess of Information

Evelyn and Galen rushed to the third floor of Eir hospital, Galen keeping a curious eye on Evelyn. He wondered why the Shadow asked for that specific floor; there was something unsettling on that floor. However, once his feet touched the floor, he understood.

All the patients on that floor wanted to live. Not simply survive but really live. It was almost as if their aura were appealing to her. The Pretas were scattered across the room, although none of it caught his attention. Not after he saw them.

The creatures that resulted in Clement's birth, tormenting him forever. The creatures who were responsible for his mother's death.

Galen had every right to be angry. They took his mother and troubled his mentor at every step of his life, being as a residue in his energy. However, even if Galen wanted to, he could not feel anger. It was as if he was incapable of feeling that emotion, and only sympathy marked his expression. 

He hid his presence - even Evelyn did not realise - and in one swift motion, killed all those creatures. He momentarily felt the energy of Solis in his body, as if it were taking responsibility for the action. Unlike the others, unlike Audrey would have, he felt no guilt. No pleasure either, not any emotion. It just had to be done.

Suddenly his eyes widened and he stared at the floor. Evelyn noticed what happened and her face shook with horror, but she ran to Galen's side. She had to overcome her emotions and support her friend. 

Somehow the Pretas were unaware of everything - perhaps in a state of oblivion. In fact, after the destruction of those creatures they were relieved. Evelyn was confused; Galen was gentle, he would never kill without any reason, but there was no way he was going to tell her the reason. But Evelyn was also stubborn, she would demand an explanation.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through Evelyn's mind. An unwanted but needed memory resurfaced in her mind and in that moment, she was agony. 

I killed...

The guilt shook her being, and she was dragged into the abstract space of information, just outside the Shadow Dimension. It was dark and all sorts of negative emotions surrounded, but there in the centre was stood a source of light.

Audrey.

She took on all the negativity around her and somehow turned it all to either positivity, neutrality and wisdom. Unknowingly, she eased the Pretas on Evelyn's and Galen's floor, too.

Finally she felt her guilt soften, but it was nevertheless there and its presence was strong. She remembered that innocent being, her expression full of grief, her wish for giving Evelyn a pleasant experience... Evelyn couldn't bear it. She wanted to face it so desperately but for some reason she could not bear it. Evelyn wondered how Audrey could live with all her guilt, and she wished she was as brave as her.

A crimson wisp floated towards her from a crimson man, and at its sight Evelyn was deeply disheartened. Conrad is suffering too, she thought weakly. Why is this all happening?

However as soon as that shred of aura entered her mind, Evelyn felt immense relief, her mind getting away from the memory. She felt her senses dull, her mind be at ease, but she burned with a question. She was deeply grateful, but she wished to know who received her gratitude. Was it Conrad, amidst all the pain he was suffering? 

"Evelyn," came a deep, dark, but soothing voice. Momentarily, Evelyn's sense grew sharp, her pain growing harsher, but the entity put them all in silence immediately.

Vlad?

"It doesn't matter. You must take care of yourself. You must be patient and wait for the right time.