4. Memorable Moments

"Good morning sir!"

The six voices said in unison as they stood at attention. Their tone and expressions were completely different, though, fitting their personality, but the same innocence and curiosity shone on their faces under dawn's gentle light. They stood amidst a large, green gold, stretching towards the horizon like a peninsula, the large structures in the sight of the West direction. A gentle breeze blew, washing away their anxiety and any hard feelings, their joy elating.

Jay laughed softly, bending in his knees to reach their height, though Galen and Evelyn were a little taller than him in that position. A kind smile appeared on his face, an expression that accompanied his humble tone with much grace.

"Call me Jay, all of you."

Trina frowned at that, but nodded nevertheless, ready to follow whatever her leader said.

"Welcome to your first training as a group! You have to use all the skills you've been learning in your regular classes and apply them here. Develop your bond, coordination, and trust.

"We aren't going to doing any team building exercises. Instead, we'll start off straight away with a test. Follow me."

The six followed Jay into a large, dark room, only lighted by a few rays of light. A large circle was drawn on the floor, covering the entire hall other than one little section. Six points were marked in it, all equidistant from its adjacent one.

"You'll now each be given three blunt blades, each marked with paint that leaves a mark when touching a specific cloth. This cloth will be put on your collarbone, ankles and abdomen.

"These spots are the weakest points of demons. The ankle renders them unconscious, the collarbone purifying their energy, and thus ending their life. Their abdomen does the same as the collarbone, though it's more painful for them."

Silence surrounded them for a while as they took in this information. Galen was the first to move, snapping the others to reality. Audrey shook her head and did the same, and so did the other

They walked towards the ends of the circle, the simple action showing their personality. As they stood still, Audrey observed their expressions, sighing. She was the only one with a mental ability, and her morals stopped her from looking into anyone's mind. She couldn't invade their safe places.

Audrey took a deep breath, a calm look coming in her eyes. She would simply use her strong senses to recognise others' presence and understand their aura, predicting their moves.

"Start."

The scene around them suddenly changed, walls arising from the ground. They were a simple black colour, though the lustre aided the room in its lighting, that was otherwise dark.

A maze? She thought, pursing her lips. She didn't think Jay would start off with something so simple, but decided to think about it later.

The atmosphere wasn't tensed in the slightest, other than little seriousness towards Audrey's diagonal left, where she judged would be Trina. There was a gentle, empty presence vertically in front of her, while two excited ones to her right. A rather mysterious one was on her left that she couldn't completely comprehend, but Audrey realises who it was nevertheless.

Her small hand rested in the blade on her right, holding the hilt to be ready. She wasn't as discreet as Galen, but she was sure to make use of her past training. Her weight to cautious steps, making as little sound as possible. The aura too her right was slightly elated, and she heard hasty footsteps coming from the direction, though there was something very odd about it that she couldn't put her finger at.