Drive

Ever since my sister Flo passed her driving tests, we'd been spending our afternoon's driving around London. We lived just outside the city and with Flo's new found freedom (on wheels )we'd decided to spend all our spare time driving around places we had never been before.

My sister was leaving for University at the end of the Summer and I was going into my last year of Sixth form. I mean me and Flo had arguments like all sisters do but if I was being honest with myself, I didn't want her to go. London would seem a lot bigger without her little ford navigating us round it.

Today was a Thursday. We had jumped in her navy blue car at 4 with aims to drive and listen to some tunes. Not really caring which direction we were going in. I plugged in my phone and the first song that came on was Sweet Disposition, we cranked up as loud as we could. Me and Flo had driven around a lot that summer, but this particular outing was possibly one of the best. The summer felt like it was coming to a slow end. Sun drowning the windows. I flicked my sunglasses onto my eyes from where they were balanced on my blonde hair. Windows were down, notting hill (which is where we had somehow found ourselves) was looking as beautiful as ever. Me and Flo were laughing about something that probably wasn't funny at all. I felt happy, for once I didn't feel like I had anything weighing me down. The past year had been a mess. But in that shitty little car with my sister I felt happy.

One thing my sister cannot go without is coffee. In the summer she trades in her Extra Hot Vanilla Latte for a (you guessed it) Iced Vanilla Latte. "please Mol, you've not given me any money for petrol today". I laughed at her pathetic accuse to persuade me and shake my head. "You said you didn't want any!" I pointed out, still laughing at how desperate she can be.

"Pleaaaase mol dols" She whined like a child, sometimes I couldn't believe that she was almost 19. "I'll pay for your drink" she continued in a sing-songy voice. "Mmm a nice, cold, refreshing, iced coffee.. Mmm imagine that Mol" she offered, trying her best.

"Fine, Fine no need to beg" I say quickly continuing to smile as I looked back out of the window.

Flo parked round the back of some shop after a few minutes of frustration, trying to find a space "I only wanted a bloody coffee" she moaned, multiple times.

"Okay so.." She began "May I have an iced Vanilla Latte. Oh, and a nice cupcake or cake or cookie, you know what I like" she nodded excitedly. "And here's purse" she handed me her black leather purse. "Oh and don't nick any of my money alright?" She said with a warning look in her eye. "Yeah okay Flo whatever you say, be back in a bit" I smile innocently and grab the purse before jumping out of the little car.

Step one get the dosh. Done. Step two find a coffee shop.