Chapter 1: A War?

(A/N: None of these characters belong to me except Cassia. Also, war is not uncommon. It is almost an everyday occurrence.)
_________________________________

~One Year Later~

"I hate you!" my father screamed.

"We are only together for the kids!" My mother yelled.

Then I was in the kitchen killing my brother again and again and again and again.

I woke in my brother's bed and gasped. It was only a dream, like always, but I felt so real every time. I had actually experienced those events after all.

It was still dark outside, so I glanced at my clock and it read 3:17 a.m.

I couldn't take it. This house held so many memories, good and bad, that I just couldn't take it!

Thinking about that dream, I put on a white tank, my favorite sky blue and gray sweatshirt, some blue jeans, and my black flats. As I walked down the steps I had scanned the house looking for signs my parents or sister had come back, but they never did. I walked out the front door and left the house I had lived in for all my life.

Outside, the mountains stood high and the stream I had come to love flowed in the valley between two mountains. The moon made it look as if the stream glowed.

I walked away from the mountains. If I stayed near them it would be almost as bad as staying at my house.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I had made it away from the mountains and into a place with a bunch of bushes and a few trees.

"What are you doing here?" asked a voice I didn't recognize. I turned and saw a boy with strawberry blonde hair and tan skin. He had a murderous look on his face as if he had been searching day and night for someone.

After I didn't answer for a second he pulled out a dagger and held it to my neck.

"I-I'm searching for a place away from those." I pointed at the mountains, and he nodded. He refused to put up his dagger and I felt a slight bit more pressure on my neck. I whipped around and ran. Doing so, I made a deep cut across the side of my neck.

Once I thought I had lost him, I stopped to catch my breath. Now I was surrounded by trees. I didn't know where that guy went, but I hoped he didn't come after me. My neck was still bleeding, so I put pressure on it until I was sure it had stopped.

Starving, I looked around for some sort of food source.

Gosh! I was stupid. I didn't pack any food before I left, and now I was going to die. I thought I might be able to find an animal around here.

Alas, there were no animals and I was still very hungry.

I found an apple tree and plucked a few off. I tucked the extras in my sweatshirt pockets for later.

I had no idea where to go, so I trusted my instincts and veered to the left.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The sun had finally risen enough for it to look about six in the morning. I was still in a dense forest after walking a while, when I heard a rustling in the bushes. So I, being my naturally curious self, went to have a look with my hand resting on my dagger.

A guy with fiery red orange hair, pale skin, a white t-shirt, and some blue jeans had been watching me and eating an apple.

"Were you spying on me?" I asked him.

"Who are you?" The guy gave me a questioning look as he stood up.

"I asked you first." He moved faster than I could think, pinning me down.

"I'm Cassia. And you are?"

"Finn. I was not spying, I was...observing you. You aren't from around here are you?" he asked never loosening his grip on my arms.