Chapter 9: He Did What Now?!

(Hey guys!! Okay so I'm suddenly extremely hyper so I decided it was time for a chapter. I know I've been sorta delaying and procrastinating. It's because I had my plans all planned out for this book and then poof. I forgot them! So instead of making you wait, I'm putting in a filler chapter. I know it's not gonna be great but whatever right. It's a chapter. And guess what!! It's a new point of view. Want to try Trey's for a change. Whereas he might not be a big part of the story, he's still in it so let's try this and let the chapter...BEGIN!)
Trey's point of view

I saw her again. I was so excited the moment I remembered who she was and my excitement escalated when she remembered me. The last time we saw each other, we were 7 or 8 playing in the valley. We couldn't have been happier. Then I moved away and everything went from good to bad. My family, mom, dad, and my baby sister, Morgan, and I moved to a small countryside house. It was beautiful and all but I missed her and I felt lost without the mountains and the little pond in front of our house. Then things took a nose dive. My dad came down with something. (A/N: sorry I just have to say this. Remember. This is not like the world we live in. It's pure nature with a few houses and sometimes a mall. Not much else. No doctor's office.) Apparently, it was life threatening and about two months later, two months of suffering, he died. My mother was so grief stricken, she locked herself in her room and refused to come out. My sister was too little to notice anything. She was only 8 months old. I took care of her from that point on. She was all I had left. When I ran into Cassia again, it was like magic. We had fun again. And I was happy. I hadn't been happy for so long. The feeling felt foreign. I still had that lingering feeling a few weeks later. I knew what I had to do. I had to see Cassia again. In the very moment.

I loved Cassia. I said it. I love Cassia...

She was beautiful and every time she smiled it lit up my heart. I had to propose. I was going to marry my childhood friend.

I walked out of the front door of the house I was living in and set out to find that wonderful woman. I had the ring already. It was a simple ring I gave her as a child. We had played a game and she was a woman who had no future and I was a man who had fallen desperately in love. Similar to that moment I was in at the time I was searching except Cassia had a future. Anyway, I had proposed to her in our game and I used a fake ring I found in my mom's closet. She said I could have it so I gave it to Cassia. She dropped it in the forest one day and I found it. Now, I had to return it the same way I'd given it to her.

Sometime in my deep thought, I had walked into a dense forest. I had no idea where I was, but someone else was there. I had heard a rustling in the bushes. Someone was watching my. Suddenly, I was tackled to the ground and a girl was on top of me laughing in the cutest fashion. But it wasn't just any girl. It was Cassia. I laughed for a second but then got serious. She must have noticed because she got off me and said, "What's wrong, Trey?"

"Nothing. In fact, everything is perfect!" I reply. She looked confused so I gave her a smile and knelt onto one knee. I brought out my fake ruby red ring and said, "Cassia René Johnson, will you do my the honor and marry me?" Her eyes fell onto the rings and tears flowed into her eyes but not one fell. I guessed the memories of the ring got to her too. Her face fell and her gaze shifted to the ground.

"I-I'm flattered, but I can't. You are so sweet and kind, but I don't look at you that way. You're just a friend..." she answered. I stood up, probably blushing like a madman.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." I trailed off, scratching the back of my neck like people do when they're uncomfortable. And that's the perfect word to describe the feeling I felt in that moment.

"No. Don't. I'm just not...I don't...love you. I like someone else and I'm extremely sorry." She looked as if she was worried she had hurt me and she kind of did. I was more numb that anything though.

Cassia's point of view

I felt horrible for turning down his offer. I knew I shouldn't have felt that way but I couldn't help it. I just wasn't in love...

"I think...I should go..." I said. And with that, I gave a slight nod and smiled at him.

"Oh. Yeah. Of course. Bye..."

I walked away guilty as ever. I felt even worse as my mind drifted to Max. Speaking of love, was I really even in love with him? I had never really felt love. Not even with Ethan. There was definitely something with Ethan but I'm not sure if call it love. More like a silly school girl crush that just happened to work out. I should have figured it out sooner because something was coming later that I didn't know about until the moment it happened that put everything into perspective.

Well, that was when I continued my search for Max. I was so freakin obsessed!

Okay so I know it's short and cruddy but I needed to put something out there. Sorrrry. A picture of the ring is at the top (or side if you're on a laptop/computer). Have a great summer everyone! Comment. Vote. Read. Fangirl about anything and everything and always remember, that no matter how many times people tell you to calm down just know it will never be possible because if you are a complete fangirl (or boy of course) like moi then there is now such thing as calming down. Toodles!!! (Wow. I'm really hyper. Like seriously. I didn't put a lot of my hyperness on here. Well, bye again!)