Chapter 2: Trying On A New Life

(A/N: I will usually skip time at the beginning of each chapter, because there were no important parts during that time. Normally it will just be normal routine, but times like now there is no normal routine so just go with the flow.)
_________________________________

~One Week Later~

It was afternoon, and I had nowhere to go. There was movement in the bushes, so I got up and grabbed my knife. I was ready for anything but what was actually there.

Max.

"Hi," he said flashing a smile.

"What?"

"We still need you. There is a group of rebellious people within Alpha's followers. You can join that if that is the reason you don't want to join."

I thought for a second. "Is he telling the truth?" "Maybe." "But he could be lying." "I should trust him." "No. That is just your lonely side talking." "Shut up." "No. You can't trust him!"

"Well?" he asked.

"Ummm..."

"Be quiet. He's coming."

"What?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Maybe?" He grabbed my sweatshirt and yanked me off the ground. I was hanging in midair. As he put his gun up to my head, Alpha walked out.

"I see you got her." Alpha stared at me. "Max? Is your gun loaded?"

"No, but-"

"Load it!"

"But, sir-"

"Just do as I say." Max put me down and loaded his gun. Then I was hanging with the cold metal barrel against my head again. "Come on, Max."

As he followed Alpha, I looked up at me and said, "We only need one more person, and we chose you."

"One more person for what?" Alpha must have heard him. Thank goodness Max was a fast thinker.

"One more person for our war. We could always have another person, but I think this is all we need." Alpha stayed quiet but he seemed to buy it.

After about a minute of walking, Alpha turn around very suddenly. "What are we doing?! If we need the girl she shouldn't be our prisoner, no should she, Max?"

"I guess not, sir."

"Put her down. If she tries to escaped feel free to take her as prisoner then."

Max stayed quiet. It looked as if something were bugging him. He kept his eyes forward but I decided to look at him for a slight second. Apparently, he had thought the same thing. Our eyes met, and I screamed, on the inside of course. His eyes were just so beautiful, but it had seemed as if they were lighter yesterday when I first met him.

"So, what do ya say?" Max asked me making almost no sound.

I stared right into his eyes as I whispered, "If there is no rebellion then I'm out."

"Ok. We have to talk as if we haven't talked yet. For Alpha."

I nodded.

"Cassia, will you come stay with us? We have everything you need."

"No. I...can't."

"Please," Alpha pleaded. "Max is right. We do need more people. If Max's judgement is right like it usually is, you will be the last recruit we need to have."

"Uh," I said.

When Alpha turned around to keep walking, Max looked at me with that look that said, you have to agree or won't let you come in camp.

"Well...I don't have anywhere to stay."

Alpha glanced back with a smile on his face. "Great!"

We walked a little further, and came upon a large camp. The camp was in the middle a huge clearing.

"Well?" Max asked me.

"Well what?" I replied.

"You like to party?"

Next thing I knew it was sunset, and music was playing. Loudly. Everyone was dancing, but me and about 10 other people. I was alone. Max was standing with two other people, a girl and a boy. The girl had blond shoulder-length hair and green eyes, while the boy had a medium shade of brown hair and brown eyes.

"He's hot, isn't he?" said a girl's voice behind me. I turned and saw a blue eyed, blond haired girl standing and watching Max.

"Umm. Sure?"

"Oh. Come on! You know it's true!"

"Ok. Ok."

"He's been deemed untouchable, you know?" I stay quiet but still nod.

"I'm Meredith, by the way."

"Cassia."

"Well, Cassia, maybe Max will let you into our 'group'."

"Ok..."

"Come on!"
_________________________________

Please correct me on grammar and spelling errors. It will help with the editing quite a bit.

For the three people (as of right now) waiting for my Into The Light book: I don't think I will be posting it anytime soon. I'm involved in too many books right now.