Truth

Maya looked at how her daughter was playing with her father on the playground.
Of course she wouldn't say Josh can't have contact with Scarlette but it was getting hard to go on without feeling what she did feel years ago.
She smiled as she saw Josh coming to her as he sat down.

"Lots of energy. And clearly very smart. She does good in English," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"So when you said you are going after Cory you didn't mean coming to live in NYC but to go in the same career direction than him? It's good. I can see you are a good teacher, Josh. Scarlette is lucky to have you as a teacher and as a father," Maya said.
"She's lucky to have a mother like you who did anything to protect her. You are a good mother, Maya. I can see that. Which is just one of the reasons why I love you so much," Josh said as Maya looked at him.
"Why was that present and not past?" Maya asked as Josh took her hand.
"Because I still do love you and it was terrible to stay away from you. It was very hard and I know right now I never want to do that again," Josh said.
"This time you are taking on more than just me. You are..."
"Also taking on a seven year old. Let's see where that heads then. I'm ready to take on the responsibilities I should have. As long as I have you I can take it on," Josh said and Maya nod.
"So what are you basically yelling me?" Maya asked.
"What about we try again? We ars both older now," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"I would like that very much," Maya said.