Chapter 3: The meeting

A/N: Picture of Annabelle Stonehange on the right!

Visting sessions were about to begin. My heart was pounding and my thoughts were all messed up. 'Will my family come? When will they come?' I kept thinking and thinking while staring at the fancy carpet when I heard a knock on the door. "Ms. Stonehange? You have some visitors named Diana and Vanessa Stonehange." a voice said.

"Bring them in." I said back, taking my eyes off the carpet. Then, two figures came inside, led by the peace keepers.

"Annabelle!" my mother cried, hugging me fiercely. "It's gonna be alright. The angels are going to protect you..."

"Annie..." Vanessa was literally crying. I felt so bad for them. They had lost their best hunter. I couldn't let them starve.

"Mom, Vanessa, listen carefully. I know I'm going to die in the arena. When I'm in the arena, Vanessa, hunt as much as you can. Try to trade some food for some bread. Mom, try to make money out of healing. You're the best healer I've ever seen. If... If... If I die, continue working. Don't stop." I said, tears brimming my eyes.

"We will never let you down, Annabelle. Never." my mother said.

"Your time's up, you two!" the peace keepers yelled from outside.

"Be careful." my mother warned before she left.

I felt as sad as ever.