Chapter 8: The Horrible Killings

When Percy and Jackson were finished filling me in, we ran towards the beach. I had this feeling that we would be safe there. But boy, I was ever so wrong!

        We all hid behind the bushes when we heard some voices. They were male and female voices. "I know that they're hiding somewhere in the woods." said a female voice.

        "Yeah, but they won't survive long with all those dangerous things in there!" said a male voice.

        "Come on. Let's not worry about them." the girl said again. "Have some fun."

        Without noticing, I peeked out of the bush that I was in. The girl was from District 1, and she had brown hair with warm brown eyes. The boy, in the other hand, was from District 2, and he had red hair and blue eyes. Jackson and I exchanged looks, and then we nudged Percy. He looked up, startled, and I pointed towards the forest. Return. We were retreating when...

        "Ah ha! We knew it!" said the girl from District 1.

        I froze. Was she talking to us? Or was she talking to the boy from District 2.

        "Yes, Blondie. You." said the girl. It was towards me. 

        I subconsiously turned around and shot her in the throat with my arrow. The cannon boomed. The boy from District 2 looked at us as if we were cannibals, that were about to eat the girl from District 1. 

        "You killed Brittany!" he yelled. "You are going to pay!"

        'Oh no!' I thought. This was going to end bloody. Then, the boy, er, Jake I think, took his sword and charged towards me. I didn't have the time to block myself, and Percy leaped infront of me and defended me. It was one bloody battle. I was shooting arrows in the distance, and Percy and Jackson were both up close and killin'. Then, the cannons boomed and I saw two bodies lying, sprawled on the floor. One was Jake and one was... Percy! No! Percy!