08

"i hope you can see

the shape i've been in."

woman x. harry styles

--

A few days later, Lily still hadn't completely forgiven Elena, Damon, Alaric and Stefan for what happened with Elijah. She was upset, to say the least, and even though Elena had tried apologizing to her countless times, Lily just couldn't bring herself to fully forgive her. She knew she may have been overreacting a little bit, but they didn't know the full extent to which she felt for the Original.

Lily couldn't get the image of Elijah's dead body out of her mind, either, which was beginning to keep her up at night. The way his skin slowly turned grey and the purple veins that appeared all over him kept creeping into her thoughts. It was excruciating, and she wanted to wipe it from her memory altogether.

Elijah was now locked up in the Salvatore's basement, the stake still through his heart to prevent him from waking up again. Lily had been tempted to remove the stake, but she knew that she could never get in there alone, and Damon would probably kill her if she tried, anyways.

As mad as Lily was at Elena, she avoided her while still managing to stay in the loop with what was going on. Lily knew her anger at Elena would blow over soon, considering they were sisters, and fights between them were common. Plus, she didn't want something bad to happen to the people she loved just because she was being stubborn.

Not to mention, Katherine got out of the tomb, due to Elijah's absence. She was, of course, only looking to stir up trouble. She claimed that she was going to help Elena, but no one actually believed that, knowing her true intentions were much less than good.

Jenna kept asking Alaric about Isobel, and he went to Elena and Lily one day, asking them if they would tell her about everything. He claimed it was too difficult to keep it from her now, and they both knew deep down that he was right. They just didn't know how they would tell her. She would be mortified when she found out that basically everyone knew except for her.

Bonnie had her powers taken away by Elijah's witch friend, and Lily felt awful for it. She knew Elijah wasn't the one behind it, considering he was dead, but Bonnie seemed miserable without her powers. She knew everyone had their reasons to dislike Elijah, including Bonnie, but she hoped that one day they might see they were completely wrong about him.

Bonnie ended up getting her powers back, anyways, when Elijah's friend decided to blow up the grill and then broke into the Gilbert house to try and kill Elena. Right before he died, Bonnie claimed he gave them back to her, which relieved everyone.

Isobel also came back into town, which made Jenna realize that everyone had been lying to her all along, including Alaric. She was upset, of course, and didn't talk to anyone the whole night after. Lily and Elena felt awful, because they knew how betrayed she must have felt. They had kept it from Jenna to try and protect her, but they realized it had done the exact opposite in the end.

They eventually got rid of Katherine and Isobel, though, but not until after they had attempted to kidnap Elena.

After all that blew over, Klaus finally decided to make an appearance in Mystic Falls.

That was what led to Lily heading over to the Salvatore house, since Elena had called her and said it was urgent. Lily wasn't originally going to go, but she figured it must have been really important for Elena to call her about it, considering she had been giving her space, as requested, since the incident.